Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Camilla Zilli brisbanech-26805 Flip Flops - Women Camilla Zilli Flip Flip Kingdom Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11360482ST 1cb142d - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Camilla Zilli brisbanech-26805 Flip Flops - Women Camilla Zilli Flip Flip Kingdom Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11360482ST 1cb142d
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Rupert Sanderson Sandals - Women Rupert Sanderson Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11491828QVGenny Lav. Artigiana Varese Loafers - Men Genny Lav. Artigiana Varese Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504614MF , Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Sneakers - Men Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11237169USwomen Beverly Feldman Black Multi-color Sandals Guarantee quality and quantityMagnum Stealth Force 6.0 Side-Zip Composite ToeARA 41852 Gore-tex FASHION FOOTWEAR FOR WOMENladies Prada Yellow Patent Sandals Exquisite workmanshipClarks MAYPEARL LUCY - Ankle boots Colour: black , Office HUNK - High heeled sandalsmens/womens Bernardo Francine Boots Easy to use , man/woman Sam Edelman Mara Heels Sales Italy , Leather ankle boots , black, Dr MartensCruyff RIPPLE - Trainers - navy/white , New Balance WL415CA - Sports shoesmen's/women's Marchesa Mae Heels Excellent quality , man/woman Calvin Klein Jilline Heels fineAdidas Selected Femme SLFFRIDA LOAFER - Slip-ons - blackKeen TARGHEE III MID - Walking boots Colour: alcatraz/blue turquoisemens/womens Spring Step Marni Heels a lot of varieties , Diesel EXPOSURE I - High-top trainers - whiteNike Sportswear AIR MAX 270 FUTURA - Trainersman/woman bernie mev. Rigged Force Boots Online Shoppingmens/womens FitFlop Lido Slide Sandals Sandals British temperament , Pinko Sneakers - Women Pinko Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11453124XVLuca Valentini Court - Women Luca Valentini Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11508184NTDkny Flip Flops - Women Dkny Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11459008DPXXRtgBt3 MISS Theory Sandals Moderate costs , Emilio Pucci Pink and Yellow with A Silver Heel 743264 Sandals , MISS Lanvin Purple/Orange/Pink Sandal Wedges Qualified production , ladies Roberto Cavalli Aqua Elephant Sandals Fashion ,