Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Camilla Zilli Flip Flops 16788 - Women Flip Camilla brisbanech-16788 Zilli Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11360482ST f589f69 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Camilla Zilli Flip Flops 16788 - Women Flip Camilla brisbanech-16788 Zilli Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11360482ST f589f69
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Mina Buenos Aires Court - Women Mina Buenos Aires Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11482674XPLiviana Conti Ankle Boot - Women Liviana Conti Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11057996GQAdidas Originals Campus W - Sneakers - Women Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11403095SJWOMENS Free People Sunseeker Tall Sandals Used in durabilitywomens Nike Bamboo Wedges New varieties are introducedROBERTO LEY 27 ZAPATO PLANO PARA MUJERWOMENS Jimmy Choo Nude 23 Sandals Germanyadidas by Raf Simons Raf Simons Replicant Ozweegomens/womens Indigo Rd. Genetic Flats Current shape , Society FREAK - Trainers - blackMen/Women Mezlan Binet Loafers low costGel-lyte iii trainers , beige/gold-coloured, AsicsAdidas Office AUBURN - Classic ankle boots - blackPepe Jeans TINKER PRO - Trainers - anthracite , adidas Originals PROPHERE - Trainers - clear black/copper metallic/hi , Diadora Sneakers - Men Diadora Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11267294BTLost Ink Wide Fit MID LOW CUT COURT - High heelsLeather Crown Sneakers - Men Leather Crown Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11425098IXmen's/women's SKECHERS Street Hi-Lites - Saturated Sneakers & Athletic SKECHERS Street low costQuattrobarradodici Sneakers - Women Quattrobarradodici Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11459259OIVicini Court - Women Vicini Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11511080XT , Bikkembergs Sneakers - Women Bikkembergs Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11450782MV , 1725.A Loafers - Women 1725.A Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11569441PLNovelty Ankle Boot - Women Novelty Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11464051HC , Henry Beguelin Loafers - Women Henry Beguelin Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11510203KLBibi Lou Sneakers - Women Bibi Lou Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11556102EL , sA39DC3A Sperry Gold Crepe Chukka SuedeOnex Sadi It is recommended that you order 1/2 to 1 full size larger than your usual size. , Ladies Prada Brown Big Bow Platforms Highly appreciated and widely trusted in and out , Women's Cognac Brown Leather High Sandals Famous store ,