Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Janet Sport Sandals Janet - Women Janet brisbanech-26882 Sport Janet Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11400272JO 5851319 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Janet Sport Sandals Janet - Women Janet brisbanech-26882 Sport Janet Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11400272JO 5851319
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Manila Grace Ankle Boot - Women Manila Grace Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11394357EGDries Van Noten Sandals - Women Dries Van Noten Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11449002OQ , Gianvito Rossi Flip Flops - Women Gianvito Rossi Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11552071TI , Marc Fisher LTD Yanaba Chelsea Boot , Liu •Jo Ankle Boot - Women Liu •Jo Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11532139PL , lady Dior Dark Mustard Leather Platforms Very good colorwoman Jimmy Choo Teal Baxen Wedges High qualitywomen Jeffrey Campbell Black Hbic-id Platforms Fast delivery , WOMEN Giuseppe Zanotti Black E50160 Sandals Immediate deliveryPEDRO MIRALLES 18538 FASHION SANDALS FOR WOMENPACO HERRERO 6463-paco Herrero SHOES FOR WOMEN , man/woman Merrell Wilderness USA Boots Customer first , ASOS DESIGN | ASOS DESIGN Prague Block Heels in snakemen/women Marc Fisher Tuscany 2 Heels Selling new productsVersace Loafers - Men Versace Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11532650LK , Fabi Boots - Men Fabi Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11543486KImen/women Sam Edelman Damian Oxfords Contrary to the same paragraphDiadora Sneakers - Women Diadora Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11472103KGEbarrito Loafers - Women Ebarrito Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11458901GOBaldi Court - Women Baldi Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11562932OO , Simone Castelletti Sandals - Women Simone Castelletti Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11277124SJ , Metisse Ankle Boot - Women Metisse Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11559000TRKallistè Ankle Boot - Women Kallistè Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11360783TQRoger Vivier Sandals - Women Roger Vivier Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11501022KT , Y-3 White Yohji Yamamoto Man’s SneakersLatest styles Soludos Slotted Thong SandalHigh security Five Ten District , Christian Louboutin Multicolor Louis Junior Spikes Printed Patent Leather Sneakers Sneakers , lady Umberto Raffini Dusty Pink Sandals Durable serviceladies Paul Green Tasha Sandals Primary quality ,