Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Cavallini online Ankle Boot - Women Cavallini Ankle YOOX Boots Women online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11484079CA 3f682de - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Cavallini online Ankle Boot - Women Cavallini Ankle YOOX Boots Women online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11484079CA 3f682de
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Converse All Star Sneakers - Women Converse All Star Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11329708DFIvylee Copenhagen Ankle Boot - Women Ivylee Copenhagen Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525782AR , Voile Blanche Sneakers - Women Voile Blanche Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11482503GGSKECHERS 14950_gry LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMENOvye' By Cristina Lucchi Ankle Boot - Women Ovye' By Cristina Lucchi Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11229292QU , Nike Performance PHANTOM OBRAX 3 ACADEMY TF - Astro turf trainers - wolf grey/metallic dark grey/dark grey/light crimson/pure platinum , Via Vela 14 Espadrilles - Women Via Vela 14 Espadrilles online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11385898UI , womens Pedro Garcia Black Teilor Wedges Crazy Price, BirminghamWomen's Gianni Bini Multicolor Wedges The highest quality materialPONS QUINTANA 5270 FASHION BOOTS FOR WOMENwoman Italian Leather Sandals Popular tide shoes , lady Steve Madden Black Nativee Sandals Discount , man/woman Sbicca Griffin Boots high quality product , men/women GUESS Devyns Loafers Exquisite (processing) processing , HUGO BOHEME - Classic ankle boots , men's/women's Nina Tristen Heels special promotion , Adidas Bronx Trainers - offwhite/turquoise/yellow , Geox ELIDIA - Slip-ons Colour: black , Chie Mihara JUANI - Classic heels Colour: ante nuit/ante grape/ginza oro , Juice Boots - Women Juice Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11515499OXPeserico Sandals - Women Peserico Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540178AERuco Line Sneakers - Women Ruco Line Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11496763MI , Converse Cons Sneakers - Men Converse Cons Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11570313QE , Tory Burch Black Zoey 50mm SandalsExquisite workmanship Via Spiga Galea 5 , Christian Louboutin Gold Brown Gondoliere Orlato Glitter Sneakers A712 Sneakers , Christian Louboutin Black Boat Candy Beaded Suede Skate Sneakers , LADY Comfortable and Pretty Platforms Elegant and stable packaginglady Beige & White Vented Sneakers a great varietyAnthropologie Gold/Bronze Klub Nico Salena Sneakers Sneakers