Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Espadrilles Espadrilles brisbanech-19129 - Women Espadrilles Espadrilles 11195113GG online Espadrilles on YOOX United Kingdom - 11195113GG 7d1fa6a - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Espadrilles Espadrilles brisbanech-19129 - Women Espadrilles Espadrilles 11195113GG online Espadrilles on YOOX United Kingdom - 11195113GG 7d1fa6a
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Cesare Paciotti 4Us Sneakers - Women Cesare Paciotti 4Us Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11386327OT , Tory Burch Flip Flops - Women Tory Burch Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11425442OMDolce & Gabbana Boots - Men Dolce & Gabbana Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11465845ORVivienne Westwood Court - Women Vivienne Westwood Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11371310QQ , NRGY Neko Knit Women's Running Shoes | Peacoat-KNOCKOUT PINK | PUMA Women's Faves | PUMA United States , Tazon 6 FM Men's Sneakers | Peacoat-Iron Gate-BlackSee By Chloé Ankle Boot - Women See By Chloé Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11557568CF , Manila Grace Ankle Boot - Women Manila Grace Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11521255RR , CLARKS Malvet Maria FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMEN , women Orange Laura Tangerine Leather Sandals Reasonable price , WOMENS Givenchy Khaki Runner Sneakers Durable serviceWOMENS Prada Black Ie Pumps Famous storemen's/women's Rieker 65509 Rabea 09 Heels Various latest designs , U mirvin b leather loafers , navy blue, GeoxMen/Women Jack Rogers Madeline Sandals New in stockman/woman Steve Madden Bobby Oxfords Diversified new design , Y-3 Sneakers - Women Y-3 Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535716BXAdidas Chie Mihara SIRENA - Classic heels - kenya grape/ante grape/ginza oroMcq Puma Sneakers - Men Mcq Puma Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11046058LHmens/womens New Balance Classics MRL420Sv1 Sneakers & Athletic New Balance Classics Louis, elaborate , Charly Court - Women Charly Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11278042NNFiorentini+Baker Ankle Boot - Women Fiorentini+Baker Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11499521MP , Rag & Bone White Oxford SneakersNgy4Vcmp Toni Pons I 66 PQuboVJcVe NIKE S039302185bab ZAPATILLA CON PLATAFORMAInternational choice Powerstep Journey HikerIZOD Fenway Khakis or jeans, the IZOD Fenway slip-on loafer will complete any outfitNike Gray Dunk Sky Hi High Tops Wedges Sneakers Sneakerswomens Salvatore Ferragamo Black T-strap Sandals Different stylesLADY Tory Burch Vachetta Miller Sandals uppers