Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Louis Leeman Kingdom Sneakers YOOX - Men Louis Leeman Sneakers online Sneakers on YOOX United Kingdom - 11542186PE 1152795 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Louis Leeman Kingdom Sneakers YOOX - Men Louis Leeman Sneakers online Sneakers on YOOX United Kingdom - 11542186PE 1152795
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Paola Ferri Ankle Boot - Women Paola Ferri Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11477533URVagabond Shoemakers Ankle Boot - Women Vagabond Shoemakers Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11512868PX , Pons Quintana Loafers - Women Pons Quintana Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11433717MCUnited Nude Sandals - Women United Nude Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535370QKWhite House | Black Market Silver Leather Wedge Knot SandalsTory Burch Black New-tory Zoey Wedge 8-5m SandalsWOMEN Bed|Stü Coral Artemis Sandals Reasonable price , Chorus pitch leather t-bar shoes , black, ClarksCastañer Sandals - Women Castañer Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11522556XTNapapijri Sneakers - Men Napapijri Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44942920DPCasbia Sneakers - Men Casbia Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11485899KA2Star Sneakers - Men 2Star Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11549773NEAdidas adidas Originals YUNG-96 - Trainers - footwear white/core black/offwhite , man/woman PUMA Leader VT Buck Sneakers & Athletic PUMA valueLerre Court - Women Lerre Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11508601LSPepe Jeans Sneakers - Women Pepe Jeans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11577876MDNoa Harmon Sandals - Women Noa Harmon Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11349545WX , LADY Black Bcbgirls Gus Wedges promotion , Attractive and durable Louise et Cie Jonah , Exquisite (processing) processing Pikolinos Roma W1R-4682Trotters Lauren Let the Lauren inspire you with its versatile style and comfort! , BLJIG7N3 Women's Marni White Sandals finishing , Céline - Optic White Leather & Logo Medallion Heels Sz: M Sandals , LADY Balenciaga Navy Suede Arenas Sneakers Known for its beautiful quality , Rider White Blue Colleen Wilcox Flip Flop Turquoise Straps. Sandalslady Madras Red Sku# Wt-mred Sneakers Stylish and funny , Ladies Enzo Angiolini Red .. Wedges new entry , Saint Laurent Black/White Solaris Baby Cat/Wolly Sneakers , WOMENS Liz Claiborne Beige Wedges price concessionsMISS Valentino Black Satin Sandal Platforms durability