Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Chie By Chie Mihara 21668 Ishy - - Ankle Boot Chie - Women Chie By Chie Mihara Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11549202SF 66ad86b - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Chie By Chie Mihara 21668 Ishy - - Ankle Boot Chie - Women Chie By Chie Mihara Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11549202SF 66ad86b
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Tipe E Tacchi Court - Women Tipe E Tacchi Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11336701SMLaura Biagiotti Ankle Boot - Women Laura Biagiotti Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11505848RSJ|D Julie Dee Boots - Women J|D Julie Dee Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11508293AQ , Divine Follie Ankle Boot - Women Divine Follie Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11562849LH , DUNLOP 35302 107 Marino LOW-TOP TRAINERS , adidas White Superstar Platform Sneakwrs Sneakers , 0xFZL5cY mens/womens ALDO Dalille Oxfords Beautiful , Fenty Puma By Rihanna Sneakers - Women Fenty Puma By Rihanna Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11263047DGMTNG 57591 Macis C41439 Negro ZAPATO DE SALóN PARA MUJER , Jeffrey Campbell Black Gold Almost Hi Top Wedge Sneakers , NEW BALANCE Ws 247 Uc HIGH-TOP TRAINERS?FOR WOMEN , mens/womens Ted Baker Nierro Oxfords Long-term reputationShepherd ANDY - Slippers - asphalt , Puma CLASSIC CHAIN - Trainers FromGeox Slip-ons - navy/lime green , mens/womens Keen Utility Leavenworth 6" Met Boots various kindsmen's/women's Cole Haan Nantucket Loafer II Loafers New product , Tod's Loafers - Women Tod's Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11569688SEGeox Court - Women Geox Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11496917FFVans Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11364113BVColmar Sneakers - Men Colmar Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11158510FWTod's Loafers - Men Tod's Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11038146XD , Men/Women Columbia Grants Pass? Low II Sneakers & Athletic Columbia Famous storeRed(V) Ankle Boot - Women Red(V) Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11211855CU , Aquazzura Ballet Flats - Women Aquazzura Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11452610EEKing of quantity Trotters Sizzle Signature , Many styles Etro Corduroy MonkLADY dosa Gold Worn Once Wedges Highly praised and appreciated by the audience of consumers , adidas By Stella McCartney Gray Boost Vibe Sneakers Sneakers , ladies adidas Pink Nmd_r1 Stlt Sneakers clearance sale