Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Leather Crown Crown Sneakers - on Women Leather Crown Sneakers online 26870 on YOOX United Kingdom - 11461035DX a0fd2e5 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Leather Crown Crown Sneakers - on Women Leather Crown Sneakers online 26870 on YOOX United Kingdom - 11461035DX a0fd2e5
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide I.N.K. Shoes Ankle Boot - Women I.N.K. Shoes Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11475597AIGuido Sgariglia Ankle Boot - Women Guido Sgariglia Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11546831GAKhrio' Ankle Boot - Women Khrio' Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11475152HR , lady Purple Lilac - Formal Shoes Full specification , PLUMERS 5336 FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMENMARIA MARE 61923 FASHION FOOTWEAR FOR WOMEN , Onitsuka Tiger CORSAIR KO100 - Trainers Colour: yellowMen/Women Betsey Johnson Brett Heels Modern modeLevi's? LOCH - Trainers Colour: dark khaki , men's/women's Vince Harriet Boots Most practicalMen/Women Splendid Blake Sandals excellent quality , men/women Tamaris Mules Win highly appreciated , Men/Women Earth Clare Earthies Flats Not so expensiveSperry Sneakers - Men Sperry Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11503686NDSpringa Sneakers - Men Springa Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457214UV , Leather Crown Sneakers - Men Leather Crown Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11532012GTUnited Nude Court - Women United Nude Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535433LM , Zanfrini Cantù Court - Women Zanfrini Cantù Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11519253XM , Trussardi Jeans Court - Women Trussardi Jeans Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11545906DGwomen Black Bike Sneakers Sneakers Queensland , 5iGz4cOY LODI Opalo SHOES FOR WOMENcheaper Katy Perry The CelinaSuperb craftsmanship Franco Sarto SavanneRoxy Katya Add a twist to your summer style with the Roxy Katya sandal!Bogs Task Stay dry and toasty-warm through frigid early mornings and frozen winter nights with the versatile Bogs Task boot! , Converse Blue Jack Purcell Men / Women Sneakers Sneakers , Women's Bed|Stü Bone Desert Liberty Wedges Complete specification area , Prada Black Suede Slip On Sneakers Suede Sneakers , Tabitha Simmons Grey Quilted Huntington Suede Slip-on Sneakers , Giuseppe Zanotti Black Lo Studded Sneakers