Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
man Olivia/woman Sneakers Alice + Olivia Sasha 26926 Sneakers & Athletic Alice + Olivia Economical and practical f64ac3f - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase man Olivia/woman Sneakers Alice + Olivia Sasha 26926 Sneakers & Athletic Alice + Olivia Economical and practical f64ac3f
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Paloma Barceló Ankle Boot - Women Paloma Barceló Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11224238EW , Suecomma Bonnie Ankle Boot - Women Suecomma Bonnie Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11471040RN , Islo Isabella Lorusso Boots - Women Islo Isabella Lorusso Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11303314UU , Converse CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR ANIMAL Grey / Black , Converse CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR OX Blue , Mr & Mrs Italy Sandals - Women Mr & Mrs Italy Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11498385HD , Mariano Di Vaio Sneakers - Women Mariano Di Vaio Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11378536ER , woman Banana Republic Nutmeg 323471 Sandals First in his classBalenciaga Black New Triple S Chunky Sneakers 42 SneakersStyle & Co Black M Very Good Condition Sandals , Jimmy Choo Brown Knotted Leather Stitched Sandals , Bianco OLD SCHOOL - Trainers , True Decadence | True Decadence Blush Satin Embellished Strappy Sandals , Katy Perry THE ALEXANN - High heeled sandals Colour: black , men's/women's Summit by White Mountain Johnna Boots Reliable performance , Nike Performance AIR BELLA TR - Sports shoes , man/woman Marc Fisher LTD Magnol Heels Seasonal promotionFluorescent ballet pumps , fluorescent coral, Mademoiselle R , Kennel + Schmenger SOHO - High-top trainers , Ebarrito Loafers - Women Ebarrito Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11458524DXCarmens Boots - Women Carmens Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486162SKGuess Court - Women Guess Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11218626VV , Y-3 Sneakers - Women Y-3 Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11149562HF , Avec Modération Sandals - Women Avec Modération Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11492571IG , Just Cavalli Sneakers - Women Just Cavalli Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11573289WH , LMxDqTuF Blue by Betsey Johnson Sally , Skilled manufacturing Chaco Z/2 GlacierMagnanni Dean Elevate any polished ensemble with the Dean monk dress shoe from MagnanniWOMENS Jimmy Choo Nude Patent Wedges At a lower priceBurberry Beige Black Red Mutlicolor Canvas House Check Sandals