Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
L' Kingdom Autre Chose Flats Ballet Flats - - Women L' Autre Chose Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11256505GJ 4b2d1c4 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase L' Kingdom Autre Chose Flats Ballet Flats - - Women L' Autre Chose Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11256505GJ 4b2d1c4
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Cross Walk Ankle Boot - Women Cross Walk Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11518210EL , Franco Colli Court - Women Franco Colli Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11471365LPARCHE Laius FASHION FOOTWEAR FOR WOMEN , PIKOLINOS W1l-0955 WEDGE-HEEL SANDALS FOR WOMENX01fVcGu men's/women's Tahari Randi Oxfords Amoy , Paolo Simonini Ballet Flats - Women Paolo Simonini Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11519012RA , Christian Louboutin Glitter Seava Disco Ball Sneaker SneakersDonald J. Pliner Brownish Bronze ½ Brown SandalsReebok REAGO PULSE - Sports shoesmens/womens SKECHERS Alaska - Abyss Boots Rich on-time deliveryman/woman SKECHERS Bikers - Navajo Boots Long-term reputationMen/Women Avec Les Filles Randall Boots Skilled manufacturingCtas leather evergreen ox trainers , white, Converse , Pepe Jeans SAVILE GLASS - Ankle bootsLanvin Sneakers - Men Lanvin Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11314361GTmens/womens Sperry Striper Slip On Sneakers & Athletic Sperry High-quality materialsStele Sandals - Women Stele Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11376375PLRed(V) Sandals - Women Red(V) Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11267345XS , Fitflop Sneakers - Women Fitflop Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11474537UPAlaïa Sandals - Women Alaïa Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11356522ISPaloma Barceló Espadrilles - Women Paloma Barceló Espadrilles online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11103551VJSofie's Choice Sneakers - Women Sofie's Choice Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11531826NI , Cross Walk Court - Women Cross Walk Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11552877EDLeather Crown Sneakers - Men Leather Crown Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11564736JF , Easy life Gold & Gravy AlbertStylish and charming Tommy Bahama ExodusElegant and stable packaging Speedo Tidal CruiserALDO Pessa The ALDO Pessa exudes classic, chic style without compromising comfort , womens Bottega Veneta Gray Women's Platforms Lush designLadies adidas Pink Cleats Sneakers Elegant shape