Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Alberto Alberto Venturini Court online - Women Alberto Venturini Courts online 11480369KN on YOOX United Kingdom - 11480369KN 49d2a19 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Alberto Alberto Venturini Court online - Women Alberto Venturini Courts online 11480369KN on YOOX United Kingdom - 11480369KN 49d2a19
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Seboy's Ankle Boot - Women Seboy's Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11527468EEECCO Shape 55 Peep Toe Sleekwoman Mizuno Pink Sneakers Online sales , Nunn Bush Overland Cap Toe Oxford with KORE Walking Comfort Technology , RIVIERABONUCCI Sandalias Plataforma Mujer Piel Ja6800q74-marron SANDALIA BIO PARA MUJER , lady Isabel Marant Grey Sneakers Wedges High quality products , THIERRY RABOTIN 6250 WEDGE ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMENSKECHERS Performance Go Walk Evolution Ultra Initiate , FLY LONDON Yail WEDGE-HEEL SANDALS FOR WOMENDADá S046375284man FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMENXYON REVOLUTION Xy009-fluorit-w LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , SOTOALTO Transierra WEDGE ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMEN , Adidas Tamaris Ankle boots - navymen's/women's Trotters Lillian Heels Various styles , mens/womens RAYE Harvey Heels Wear resistant , Chooka Step In Duck Boot HerringboneHudson London SONAM - Classic ankle boots Colour: blackLiu Jo Jeans POMPON - Mules Colour: bluMen/Women Bostonian Cordis Plain Oxfords a good reputation in the world , Nike SB STEFAN JANOSKI MAX - Trainers - red crush/white , Ottod'ame Sandals - Women Ottod'ame Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11401850TSSoher Sandals - Women Soher Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460772GI , Guess Sneakers - Women Guess Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11140248HJ , Halmanera Loafers - Women Halmanera Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11360887OPEmanuela Passeri Boots - Women Emanuela Passeri Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11444743US , Nr Rapisardi Court - Women Nr Rapisardi Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504799SC , Valentino Denim Rock-runner Low-top Sneakers Sneakers , 5Vcb2JM3 Wolverine I-90 EPX Romeo CarbonMaxMISS Tory Burch Beige Wedges Reasonable delivery and punctual deliveryMISS Zara Brown D Orsay Platforms newcomer ,