Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Superga® Sneakers brisbanech-26061 - Women Superga® Sneakers online Kingdom on Women YOOX United Kingdom - 11291443VP 299a34e - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Superga® Sneakers brisbanech-26061 - Women Superga® Sneakers online Kingdom on Women YOOX United Kingdom - 11291443VP 299a34e
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Carmine Marfé Ankle Boot - Women Carmine Marfé Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525754XURoberto Della Croce Boots - Men Roberto Della Croce Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11531545JJ , Alberto Guardiani Sneakers - Women Alberto Guardiani Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11155673FK , Giorgio Fabiani Boots - Women Giorgio Fabiani Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11468569MTFlorens Ankle Boot - Women Florens Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11507997VWLadies Prada Green Satin Pumps bestsellVersace White New Medusa Hi Tops Sneakers Eu 47.5 SneakersWOMENS Jimmy Choo Brown/Denim Claire Sandals quality products , 24HORAS 23417 ZAPATO DE CU?A PARA MUJER , Ladies Blue Gray Sneakers Complete specification areaman/woman Nina Talley Heels Good world reputationSol Sana ASHLEY HEEL - Sandals , Tory Burch Elizabeth 85mm Round Toe PumpCole Haan 2.Zerogrand Laser Wing Oxfordman/woman KIOMI Slip-ons - black Schuhe Pleasant appearancemen's/women's Marc Fisher LTD Grazi 2 Boots Customer firstVans Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11474073XSHogan Sneakers - Men Hogan Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11357203HKAdidas Nike Performance FREE RN FLYKNIT 2018 - Trainers - black/white , man/woman Steve Madden Cailin Sandals Strong heat and wear resistanceD.A.T.E. Sneakers - Women D.A.T.E. Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11518567RQ , Tod's Sandals - Women Tod's Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11174447PNLe Marrine Sandals - Women Le Marrine Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11574219CG , Fabrizio Chini Boots - Women Fabrizio Chini Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535460IC , Giuseppe Zanotti Court - Women Giuseppe Zanotti Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11431652PGGiuseppe Zanotti Loafers - Women Giuseppe Zanotti Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11549085DWPuma Alife Sneakers - Men Puma Alife Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11325720QCGreen George Boots - Men Green George Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11567099AIAir Jordan Red 5s Valentines Sneakers , Order welcome Badgley Mischka Hughes