Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Soisire YOOX Soiebleu Sneakers - Soisire Women Soisire Soiebleu Sneakers online - on YOOX United Kingdom - 11475966KM 38dc0cc - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Soisire YOOX Soiebleu Sneakers - Soisire Women Soisire Soiebleu Sneakers online - on YOOX United Kingdom - 11475966KM 38dc0cc
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Police 883 Ankle Boot - Women Police 883 Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11476256IM , Giuseppe Zanotti Ankle Boot - Women Giuseppe Zanotti Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11548927SORoberto Cavalli Court - Women Roberto Cavalli Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457706OSKharisma Ankle Boot - Women Kharisma Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11454940UU , ZALIAN 65551 Negro SHOES FOR WOMEN , Calzoleria Napoletana 1921 Loafers - Men Calzoleria Napoletana 1921 Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11527051POMISS Nine West White Sandals a wide range of products , ladies Fendi Camel Pumps Platforms packaging diversityAdidas Steffen Schraut LOVE STREET - Trainers - white/platinum , Adidas Woden YDUN PEARL - Trainers - black , Lacoste CARNABY EVO - Trainers - black/off whitemens/womens Adidas Pro Bounce 2018 Low Schuhe useman/woman XTI Platform sandals professional design , Adidas Patrizia Pepe Trainers - cloud roseWrangler Loafers - Men Wrangler Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11463194BFBurberry Boots - Men Burberry Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11511193BTSantoni Loafers - Men Santoni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11519435JG , Adidas Senso WYNN - High heeled ankle boots - ebony , Adidas Pepe Jeans DEVON STRAPS - Ankle boots - blackRoberto Botticelli Sneakers - Men Roberto Botticelli Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11405954OT , mens/womens Columbia Variant X.S.R. Sneakers & Athletic Columbia The color is very eye-catchingEbarrito Loafers - Women Ebarrito Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457369HGKudetà Court - Women Kudetà Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11067250EO , Givenchy Ankle Boot - Women Givenchy Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11454100IOSuwBSQ0k Sperry Crest Resort Canvas Two-Tone , FkPxWGp8 Dr. Martens Work Hylow SD , GPBu5FpV WOMEN Dolce&Gabbana Leopard Sandals Easy , Famous store Dunham REVdash WaterproofNunn Bush Maclin Street Wing Tip Oxford with KORE Slip Resistant Walking Comfort Technology , women adidas White Questar Ride Sneakers Negotiate ,