Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
P.A.R.O.S.H. Sandals - brisbanech-26994 YOOX Women P.A.R.O.S.H. Sandals Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11334249FO c219c1e - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase P.A.R.O.S.H. Sandals - brisbanech-26994 YOOX Women P.A.R.O.S.H. Sandals Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11334249FO c219c1e
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Alberto Fermani Ankle Boot - Women Alberto Fermani Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44841186TSPatrizia Pepe Ankle Boot - Women Patrizia Pepe Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11328782UVPaolo Simonini Sandals - Women Paolo Simonini Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11377932HA , womens BCBGeneration Na Formal Shoes superior , WOMENS Beige Marcas Wedges Qualified production , woman Kork-Ease Turquoise Wedges Online shopKatie Grand Loves Hogan Sneakers - Women Katie Grand Loves Hogan Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11299038WS , Cesare Paciotti Ankle Boot - Women Cesare Paciotti Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11506698MTSilvian Heach Ankle Boot - Women Silvian Heach Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11469160JQ , Donald J. Pliner Brown/Coral/Turqoise Unique Elegant Studded SandalsWomen's Vans Black Glitter Sneakers Comfortable touchwoman Hermès Blue Córdoba Sandals Excellent qualitymen/women Lugz Cairo Mid Boots Good design , men's/women's David Tate Keeper Heels auction , GANT JUDITH - Platform sandalsMen/Women Hush Puppies Lyricale Quarter Strap Heels Durable serviceUnder Armour CHARGED ULTIMATE 3.0 - Sports shoes - downtown green/blackFilling Pieces Sneakers - Men Filling Pieces Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11496654XN , Grenson Sneakers - Women Grenson Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11509161FTFiorina Sandals - Women Fiorina Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11239987CN , 1,618 Sandals - Women 1,618 Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11546858UP , Jeannot Loafers - Women Jeannot Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11484106XT , Malìparmi Sandals - Women Malìparmi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11110204WT , Salvador Ribes Sandals - Women Salvador Ribes Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11399456XG , Charlotte Olympia Sandals - Women Charlotte Olympia Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11429565NGRuco Line Sneakers - Women Ruco Line Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11476826IA , Extreme speed logistics Tretorn Lina Zip Wnt , Preferential price Reebok Work Jorie , women Marni Olive Sandals High quality and economy , WOMEN Stuart Weitzman Silver Wedges Excellent features