Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Chiara Ferragni Flip Flops - Women Chiara United brisbanech-23589 Chiara Ferragni Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11337057LG 45c289b - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Chiara Ferragni Flip Flops - Women Chiara United brisbanech-23589 Chiara Ferragni Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11337057LG 45c289b
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Bruno Premi Ankle Boot - Women Bruno Premi Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11533181XU , Levi's Red Tab Boots - Men Levi's Red Tab Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11534250TM , Converse Black and Gold Sneakers Sneakers , women Christian Louboutin High Heals Platforms Great classificationmen's/women's Frye Shane Embroidered Cuff Boots finemens/womens Pelle Moda Brazil Sandals stable quality , man/woman Clarks Delana Fairlee Boots Caramel, gentle , Lacoste FIT - Trainers - blackScarpa CHARMOZ - Climbing shoes Colour: shark/orange , Unisa ACOR - Ballet pumps , Men/Women Lacoste Natoy Slide 216 1 Sandals main categoryMen/Women Caterpillar Casual Ensnare Sandals Very good colormen/women Dr. Martens Jemima Boots Diversified new design , Adidas Esprit NICOLETTE - Trainers - navy , Cafènoir Loafers - Women Cafènoir Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460811IO , Diadora Sneakers - Men Diadora Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486540SU , men's/women's Diadora Titan II W Sneakers & Athletic Diadora best seller , men/women Nine West Talisa 3 Heels for you to choose , Adidas Originals Sneakers - Men Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11536379RG , Pantofola D'oro Sneakers - Men Pantofola D'oro Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493217PJ , Men/Women New Balance Numeric NM533 Sneakers & Athletic New Balance Numeric Authentic guarantee , Martin Rey Boots - Women Martin Rey Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11501892PV , Roger Vivier Sandals - Women Roger Vivier Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44994083CGList Ankle Boot - Women List Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11250556SXDolce&Gabbana Gold Perforated Leather Sneakers SneakersEasy to use Easy Spirit Hugs 4We have won praise from our customers. Nautilus N2202 Steel Toe , Ariat Lively Enhance your Western style with the Ariat Lively boot , Giuseppe Zanotti * Python Design Kriss Hi-top Sneakers SneakersWOMEN Saint Laurent Platino Babies Pumps brand