Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Cinzia Araia Araia Sneakers 11495072ON - Men Cinzia Araia 26836 Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11495072ON 1c52f1a - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Cinzia Araia Araia Sneakers 11495072ON - Men Cinzia Araia 26836 Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11495072ON 1c52f1a
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Rodolphe Menudier Ankle Boot - Women Rodolphe Menudier Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11515718OI , Bibi Lou Ankle Boot - Women Bibi Lou Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11246412PNCesare Paciotti 4Us Sneakers - Men Cesare Paciotti 4Us Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44905994QUMarsèll Ankle Boot - Women Marsèll Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11074667MPCONVERSE 144151c LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , Dolce & Gabbana Open-Toe Mules - Women Dolce & Gabbana Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460505ABAir Jordan White/New Emerald-grp Ice-blk 5 Retro (Gs) SneakersGrandco Black Silver Blue Green Jeweled Low Wedge Sandals , WOMEN Moschino Black Sandals Sale online storeMen/Women VOLATILE Melina Boots Big clearance sale , SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker LizzieASOS DESIGN | ASOS DESIGN chukka boots in brown leathermens/womens PERLATO Boots Colour: cam noir qualitymen/women Dr. Martens Steed Oxfords renewed on time , Chloé Court - Women Chloé Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11014060JQmen/women Racine Carrée Scallop Edge Mule Clogs & Mules Tide shoes list , Hogan Rebel Sneakers - Men Hogan Rebel Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11539414WLVans Sneakers - Women Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11235433OOAquarelle Sandals - Women Aquarelle Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11471922NI , Diesel Court - Women Diesel Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535202WUVg7PA1O6 Free People Emmett Western Boot , 1OvpvRRa Vans SK8-Hi 46 MTE DXHigh-quality materials Vince Camuto Jannali , Outstanding function Ted Baker ShindlSpeed refund Robert Talbott CavalloMagnanni Enrique Dress up any dapper ensemble in the sophisticated Magnanni™ EnriqueLadies Wild Diva Red Formal Shoes Fine workmanship , lady Christian Louboutin Black Tartarina Platforms Customer firstTory Burch Cassia French Calf Thong SandalsWOMENS Ash Sneakers Wedges Diverse new design