Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Rose's Roses Ankle Boot - Boot Women 11487059UH Rose's 24605 Roses Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11487059UH 744509f - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Rose's Roses Ankle Boot - Boot Women 11487059UH Rose's 24605 Roses Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11487059UH 744509f
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide San Crispino Ankle Boot - Women San Crispino Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11523299IC , Twin-Set Simona Barbieri Court - Women Twin-Set Simona Barbieri Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11252152BGAgile By Rucoline Sneakers - Women Agile By Rucoline Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11335354FK , Andìa Fora Sneakers - Women Andìa Fora Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11503291JPSarah Summer Espadrilles - Women Sarah Summer Espadrilles online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11359069SLNunn Bush Littleton Plain Toe Chukka , BULLBOXER 285k66452ap121 BOTíN PLANO DE MUJER , GTsOIBpq man/woman Esprit Odette Flats real , MUSE MAIA Varsity Women's | Peacoat-Metallic GoldSuede Classic Sneakers | Buckthorn Brown-Wht- Wht | PUMA Suedes | PUMA United StatesRoma Anniversario Sneakers | Puma White-AZURE BLUE , mens/womens SAS Magical Loafers Fine wild , Men/Women Trotters Noelle Heels Good qualitymens/womens Bostonian Hazlet Pace Oxfords elegant , Adidas Keds SCOUT CHUKKA - Ankle boots - taupeMen/Women VOLATILE Alina Sandals Contrary to the same paragraph , Men/Women Steve Madden Francele Heels Beautiful and charming , E8 BY MIISTA TUVA - Cowboy/Biker boots , Zeus Sandals - Men Zeus Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11410007CQ , Hackett Loafers - Men Hackett Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11509329KA , mens/womens Propet Wash & Wear Slip-on Sneakers & Athletic Propet Online Shopping , DC Shoes COURT GRAFFIK SE SHOE - Skate shoes - black/redmens/womens etnies Barrage SC Sneakers & Athletic etnies Win the praise of customers , Calpierre Loafers - Women Calpierre Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11552068GD , Sebastian Ankle Boot - Women Sebastian Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11522051BBCarrano Ankle Boot - Women Carrano Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11424343TF , Burberry White Leather Novacheck Insole SandalsGood design Reef Escape Lux Print , Many varieties Bruno Magli MedordoWomen's Pour La Victoire Tan Sandals Many varieties ,