Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
What For 11540219DL United Ankle brisbanech-17243 Boot - Women What For Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540219DL 2032859 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase What For 11540219DL United Ankle brisbanech-17243 Boot - Women What For Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540219DL 2032859
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Marc Ellis Ankle Boot - Women Marc Ellis Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11257619CR , Donna Più Ankle Boot - Women Donna Più Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504652VVDune London Courtnee - Court - Women Dune London Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11451429CRPhilipp Plein Court - Women Philipp Plein Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11495793IBBarbour REDCAR OXFORD BROGUE Dark / BrownCinzia Soft By Mauri Moda Sandals - Women Cinzia Soft By Mauri Moda Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11547039EROvye' By Cristina Lucchi Sandals - Women Ovye' By Cristina Lucchi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11562887NW , Head Over Heels by Dune | Head Over Heels by Dune Gisellaa Red Suedette Buckled Flat Loafer Shoeswomen Christian Louboutin Black Gold Sandals Large selectionNike Black Air Max Excellerate 5 Sneakers , Esprit SIDNEY - High-top trainers Colour: taupe , Men/Women Ariat Copper Creek Sandals Various styles , Converse Chuck Taylor? All Star Workmark Ox , man/woman OTBT Urban Boots Innovative design , Steve Madden SLANTED - Mules , Chuck taylor all star ox canvas trainers , burgundy, Converse , Adidas Shepherd EMMY - Slippers - chestnut , A.Testoni Loafers - Men A.Testoni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11547719EI , Puma Sneakers - Men Puma Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11396488NEmens/womens Saucony Originals Shadow 6000 Sneakers & Athletic Saucony Originals Best-selling worldwidePrimabase Sneakers - Women Primabase Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11452176DFFitflop Open-Toe Mules - Women Fitflop Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11469883DKSalvatore Ferragamo Court - Women Salvatore Ferragamo Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11426505AE , Prada White Men Fashion Sneakers Sneakers , t07f4NuG Wolverine Bedford Chukka Steel ToeModern and stylish fashion Caterpillar Argon Composite ToeWOMEN Christian Louboutin Daffodile Spiked Platforms a wide range of products , Tory Burch Navy Blue Mini Miller Thong Sandals , Women's Christian Louboutin 3048 1130530 Pumps Good market , womens Givenchy White Formal Wedding Sandals New ,