Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Giuseppe Zanotti Boots YOOX - Women Giuseppe Zanotti Boots online Boots Zanotti on YOOX United Kingdom - 11414207TG 216c25d - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Giuseppe Zanotti Boots YOOX - Women Giuseppe Zanotti Boots online Boots Zanotti on YOOX United Kingdom - 11414207TG 216c25d
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide 18 Kt Ankle Boot - Women 18 Kt Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11455982CJLorenzo Mari Court - Women Lorenzo Mari Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11519494HFVersace Ballet Flats - Women Versace Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460576TBPrada Nero Black Antic Liberty Sandals , Puma X Sophia Webster Platform Candy Princess Sophia Webster - Sneakers - Women Puma X Sophia Webster Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11502414OUNike Air Huarache Drift Br - Sneakers - Men Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11490050HJ , Air Jordan Black / Dark Charcoal / White / / 467807 001 Sneakers , womens Dansko Champagne Shimmer Flat Sandals At a lower pricePrada Gold Orange Geometric Multi Fabric Slingback Kitten PumpsLadies Rag & Bone Black Sneakers For saleWOMENS Givenchy Gray 6 Sandals Popular recommendationmen's/women's Mark Nason Maas Oxfords Louis, elaborateSKECHERS Street Side Street - Bling Streetmen/women Naturalizer Taimi Heels Special priceDonna brogue loafers , black, Geox , Adidas New Balance WL574 - Trainers - dark oxide , man/woman Vagabond AMINA - Slip-ons durableAlice ivy suede ballet pumps , black, Clarks , Adidas Brenda Zaro INESBO - High heeled ankle boots - bali , Guess Court - Women Guess Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11218626VV , Deimille Court - Women Deimille Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11556471MTCalzaiuoli Toscani Loafers - Women Calzaiuoli Toscani Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11509955XIK9aq1niH Teva Terra FI 4 LeatherEuroSoft Sam The simple, yet chic EuroSoft™ Sam flat is perfect for all your everyday looks , Saint Laurent White Sl/06 Star Silver Leather Low Top Sneakers Sneakers , Tabitha Simmons Nude Suede with Metallic Leather Leticia It37 Sandals , Barneys New York Black Alien 80 Camoscio In SandalsWOMEN Burberry Black Heel Platforms Quality and quantity guaranteedCOMME des GARÇONS White Play Converse Sneakers SneakersEYTYS White Jet Tumbled-leather Low-top Trainers Sneakers ,