Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Angela 11473388GI Chiara Venezia 26775 Sandals - Women Angela Chiara Venezia - Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11473388GI aef073a - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Angela 11473388GI Chiara Venezia 26775 Sandals - Women Angela Chiara Venezia - Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11473388GI aef073a
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Norma J.Baker Ankle Boot - Women Norma J.Baker Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11447072MCAlma En Pena. Sandals - Women Alma En Pena. Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11545769UO , Christian Louboutin Red Louis Flat Sneakers , mens/womens VIONIC Beach Noosa Sandals Speed refundLiu ?Jo Shoes Ankle Boot - Women Liu ?Jo Shoes Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11239717MUJ.Crew Gold Metallic Strapped Ankle Block Heel SandalsLouise et Cie Black/Gold New Leather Sandals , womens Sperry Sahara Tan Sneakers quality Queenmen/women Aerosoles Great Lakes Sandals High grade , Shepherd JON - Slippers - navy , man/woman Sbicca Kingaa Heels Modern design , Men/Women Lucky Brand Yesterr Boots Clearanceman/woman Circus by Sam Edelman Prentice Boots Complete specification , Sb portmore ii ultralight skateboarding shoes , black, NikeCafé leather ankle boots , dark grey, Mustang Shoes , man/woman Badgley Mischka Terry II Heels New market , Nostrasantissima Boots - Men Nostrasantissima Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11461083DAAsics Sneakers - Men Asics Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11211018SW , Adidas Les Tropéziennes par M Belarbi ISATIS - T-bar sandals - noirRodo Court - Women Rodo Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11542221DR , Ea7 Sneakers - Women Ea7 Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11501206XJ , Puma Sneakers - Women Puma Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11559476JW , Norma J.Baker Boots - Women Norma J.Baker Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11447325TR , Dondup Ankle Boot - Women Dondup Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11233892FV , Antonio Barbato Loafers - Women Antonio Barbato Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11536038BMPapucei Ankle Boot - Women Papucei Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11559378WP , Steve Madden Sandals - Women Steve Madden Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11469873OPWear resistant Rockport Randle Ubal , Munro Alta The Munro Alta slip-on sneaker is chic on-the-go styling for the well-traveled individual , Women's Giuseppe Zanotti Beige Sandals Exquisite workmanship