Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Dolce United & Gabbana Gabbana Loafers - Men Dolce YOOX & Gabbana Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11113038IC 6618d91 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Dolce United & Gabbana Gabbana Loafers - Men Dolce YOOX & Gabbana Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11113038IC 6618d91
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Loretta Pettinari Ankle Boot - Women Loretta Pettinari Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11478242VKWindsor Smith Ankle Boot - Women Windsor Smith Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504589IGJuli Pascal Paris Loafers - Women Juli Pascal Paris Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11555979SSLola Cruz Ankle Boot - Women Lola Cruz Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11248869DJ , L' Autre Chose Sandals - Women L' Autre Chose Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11381370RX , Sigerson Morrison Ballet Flats - Women Sigerson Morrison Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11508839PINike Air Max '95 - Sneakers - Men Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11539716WVDolce & Gabbana Loafers - Men Dolce & Gabbana Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11547886RQJeffrey Campbell Sandals - Women Jeffrey Campbell Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11340180WB , Gaimo Ankle Boot - Women Gaimo Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11517183IKFenty Puma By Rihanna Sneakers - Women Fenty Puma By Rihanna Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11500418CN , Ladies Nine West Putty Suede Wedges Different styles , ALBANO 7029 FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMEN , man/woman David Tate London Boots Elegant appearancemen/women Bearpaw Rosalina Slippers Selected materialsMrl247wg trainers , white, New BalancePuma DAMEN - Trainers Colour: blackConverse Skate CTAS Pro Hi Skate , men's/women's Gioseppo Sandals Colour: black Acknowledgement feedbackCalpierre Loafers - Men Calpierre Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11551897LNDr Martens | Dr Martens x New Order 1460 pink flat ankle bootsAdidas Public Desire WEST - High heeled boots - black , Ruco Line Sneakers - Women Ruco Line Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11544450KSP.A.R.O.S.H. Ankle Boot - Women P.A.R.O.S.H. Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11230306OVLuca Valentini Court - Women Luca Valentini Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11508130GV , Leather Crown Sneakers - Women Leather Crown Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11019729JI , Divine Follie Sandals - Women Divine Follie Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11570395KS , Adidas Originals Sneakers - Men Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11566693LLwomens Pedro Garcia Black Megan Sandals Won highly esteemed and widely trusted at home and abroadMISS Alexander McQueen Snakeskin Platforms First in his class