Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
men's brisbanech-26399/women's Florsheim Finley occasions Cap-Toe Finley Oxford Oxfords Ideal gift for all occasions 2edbfe4 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase men's brisbanech-26399/women's Florsheim Finley occasions Cap-Toe Finley Oxford Oxfords Ideal gift for all occasions 2edbfe4
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Marc Ellis Ankle Boot - Women Marc Ellis Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11462872WQRose's Roses Open-Toe Mules - Women Rose's Roses Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11498226QCDivine Follie Ankle Boot - Women Divine Follie Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11459744AINike Air Max 270 - Sneakers - Women Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11565805KRStele Ankle Boot - Women Stele Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11454243CF , Prada Black & Brown Cheetah SandalsConverse CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR ANIMAL Grey / Black181 By Alberto Gozzi Sneakers - Women 181 By Alberto Gozzi Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11401573PSLadies Joan & David Navy/Off-white Wedges To adopt , Cole Haan Red and Brown Unknown Sandals , WOMENS Franco Sarto Tan L-ambrosia Wedges impeccableMen/Women Dr. Scholl's Sunray Flats Complete specification , Men/Women Frye Jodi Over-The-Knee Boots retail priceMen/Women Soft Style Jinger Boots Superb craftsmanship , Men/Women Aerosoles Bird of Paradise Heels SellingFred Perry | Fred Perry Kendrick Canvas Sneakers In Black , Salomon XA ELEVATE GTX - Trail running shoesmen's/women's Warm Creature Esme Sandals Full range of specifications , men's/women's BC Footwear Dim The Lights Sandals TRUELanvin Sneakers - Women Lanvin Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11554600ILReebok Sneakers - Men Reebok Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493690RHmen/women Katy Perry The Tashia Heels a wide range of products , Lagoa Loafers - Women Lagoa Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11461983IJ , Cafènoir Boots - Women Cafènoir Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11266614HDJoshua*S Sneakers - Women Joshua*S Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11248434HVStuart Weitzman Boots - Women Stuart Weitzman Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11251760VFNike Pink Air Force 1 SneakersFirst batch of customers See by Chloe SB28277 , Ladies Cole Haan Gray Wedges High securityMISS Christian Louboutin Multicolor Women's Wedges Wholesale ,