Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Jimmy United Jimmy Choo Sandals - 11238708PL Women Jimmy Choo Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11238708PL 51174f1 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Jimmy United Jimmy Choo Sandals - 11238708PL Women Jimmy Choo Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11238708PL 51174f1
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Colors Of California Sandals - Women Colors Of California Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11471661PJ , Marina Grey Ankle Boot - Women Marina Grey Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540370GXBruno Premi Ankle Boot - Women Bruno Premi Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11548778SFArmata Di Mare Sneakers - Men Armata Di Mare Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11565466SQNew Balance 300 Gold Details - Sneakers - Women New Balance Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11333609HCNike Air Huarache Run Sd - Sneakers - Women Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11382903CA , MTNG Zapato Mtng Negro 58524 ZAPATO CONFORT DE MUJER , REFRESH 62041 Jeans. Azul WEDGE-HEEL SANDALS FOR WOMEN , Ladies Guess Camouflage Gg Tezley Wedges selling price , mens/womens Stuart Weitzman Fuzzywuz Sandals First qualitymen/women Isola Isabella Heels New styleBrett & Sons Smart slip-onsmen's/women's River Island Mules Colour: cream Crazy priceBianco AISHA - High heeled ankle boots Colour: blackAdidas KIOMI Classic ankle boots - greyShepherd HUGO - Slippers - oliveCalpierre Sneakers - Men Calpierre Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11551950AC , Filling Pieces Sneakers - Men Filling Pieces Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11234549EXHogan Rebel Sneakers - Women Hogan Rebel Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11575264WNNr Rapisardi Court - Women Nr Rapisardi Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504799SC , Alaïa Ankle Boot - Women Alaïa Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11483543DNAlberto Guardiani Loafers - Men Alberto Guardiani Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11517164SFadidas Originals by Alexander Wang Sneakers , The color is very eye-catching Steve Madden Lorenzzo 2 , Naturalizer Brittany The beautiful Brittany ballet flat makes sure your style stays versatile and sleek, every day of the weekWomen's Rachel Roy Purple Rfkeeedan Platforms Every article described is availableDonald J. Pliner Pewter 'suza' Platform Wedge 8m Sandals , Jimmy Choo Black Suede Pom Pom Sandler's Sandalswomen Burberry Black Meadow Sandals Big clearance saleLADY Bandolino Brown Boots Sneakers Customer first