Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Roberto Della Croce Della Loafers - Men Roberto Roberto Della Croce - Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11531672NW f496426 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Roberto Della Croce Della Loafers - Men Roberto Roberto Della Croce - Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11531672NW f496426
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Vivian Ballet Flats - Women Vivian Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11506569KQ , PUMA Golf Puma Grip Sport Jr. Disc (Little Kid/Big Kid) , lady Burberry Honey Westford Sneaker Sandals Different styles and stylesLadies Robert Clergerie Gold Coeur Wedges High quality , lady Prada Black Suede Heels Platforms Fashion patternSKECHERS Ske 12619char LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMENGIOSEPPO Minot Gold SANDALIA PLANA DE MUJERmen/women Chinese Laundry Sacred Boots Sales ItalyNine West Falardo Platform Wedge Slide Sandal , Oscar de la Renta Alyssa 100mmEvans WIDE FIT KITTEN HEEL - Classic heels Colour: black , mens/womens Anne Klein Kandis Heels King of the crowd , Steve Madden WEGGY - High heeled ankle boots , Santoni Loafers - Men Santoni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11409708MGLost Ink | Lost Ink Silver Block Heeled Ankle Tie ShoesAlberto Guardiani Loafers - Men Alberto Guardiani Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44922813XKLenora Sandals - Women Lenora Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11506252AX , Kandee Court - Women Kandee Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11405770GN , Pollini Sneakers - Women Pollini Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11331513NQ , Anaid Kupuri Court - Women Anaid Kupuri Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11552559RT , Fabrizio Chini Boots - Women Fabrizio Chini Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11545275IARoger Vivier Sandals - Women Roger Vivier Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11503707BAPrada Flip Flops - Women Prada Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540540TQMaison Margiela Boots - Men Maison Margiela Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11564438GIValentino Coral Rockstud City Caged Sandals , CL by Laundry Red 60179 Sandals , 9RsOnLRs rag & bone Walker Boot , QeU6W5Ef NIKE 844674-nike TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , In short supply Eric Michael JuniperLADY Givenchy Black Tortoise Gladiator Sandals At a lower price