Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Donna brisbanech-26976 Soft Ankle Boot United - Women Donna Soft Ankle 11486827TQ Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486827TQ e8da647 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Donna brisbanech-26976 Soft Ankle Boot United - Women Donna Soft Ankle 11486827TQ Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486827TQ e8da647
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Angela George Ankle Boot - Women Angela George Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11515887UQ , Vans Ua Sk8-Hi Reissue Peanuts Snoopy Bones - Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11291710DJRIVIERABONUCCI Sandalias Plataforma Mujer Piel Ja5813t57-azul Marino SHOES FOR WOMENIsaac Mizrahi Gray and White Snakeskin Fisherman Style Sandals , LOLA BLUE Faye 13 THIGH BOOTS FOR WOMEN , PACO HERRERO 6457-paco Herrero SHOES FOR WOMENCHILIPEPPER SHOES 7205-34650 BOTíN PLANO DE MUJERTory Burch Black Leather Peed Toe SneakersTory Burch Tan Patti Wedge 11098656 Sandals , man/woman Nina Nizana Heels Complete specification range , Massimo Dutti Cowboy/Biker boots Colour: khaki , Tommy Hilfiger MAXIMILIAN - TrainersJessica Simpson TEHYA - High heeled sandals Colour: blackMarc O'Polo Classic ankle boots - taupe , Globe Sneakers - Men Globe Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11120634BUColmar Sneakers - Men Colmar Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11552307FJ , Santoni Boots - Men Santoni Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540029LT , mens/womens Klogs Footwear Madrid Clogs & Mules Adequate supply and timely delivery , Converse CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR '70 OX - Trainers - black/egretDel Toro Sneakers - Men Del Toro Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11559850AH , Casadei Boots - Women Casadei Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11562634PO , Fabi Sandals - Women Fabi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11415984OD , Hogan Sandals - Women Hogan Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11397612BF , Pantanetti Ankle Boot - Women Pantanetti Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11313454NO , Christian Louboutin Tan Madmonica 60mm Sandals , women Loeffler Randall Cognac Wedges StylishReport Theo Give your look an edgy and exotic vibe with the Report Theo muleswoman Valentino Beige Rockstud Slide Sandals Modern designwomen Miu Miu Brown Suede Sandals Quality first , womens Prada Black Vitello Deco Sandals selling price