Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Anna - F. online Flip Flops - Women Anna F. Flip brisbanech-21244 Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11434441WS c0f40d7 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Anna - F. online Flip Flops - Women Anna F. Flip brisbanech-21244 Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11434441WS c0f40d7
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Vivien Lee Ankle Boot - Women Vivien Lee Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11506771RVUrsula Mascaro' Court - Women Ursula Mascaro' Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11513639IWECCO 215613 BOTíN PLANO DE MUJER , CLARKS Neenah Lark BALLERINAS FOR WOMEN , IGNITE Flash evoKNIT Women's Training Shoes | Puma White | PUMA Private Sale | PUMA United States , woman Saint Laurent Sn 345064 Sneakers a great variety , womens Tory Burch Flip Flop Sandals special purchaseladies Prada Nude Patent Block Sandals Modern mode , mens/womens Fergalicious Believe Boots Recommended todayman/woman Miz Mooz Benny Boots for you to choosemens/womens SoftWalk Biloxi Wide Calf Boots Sales Italy2Star Sneakers - Men 2Star Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11498714IM , D.A.T.E. Sneakers - Men D.A.T.E. Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11556644BG , Roa Boots - Men Roa Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11519721QN , Adidas Converse CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR - Trainers - glacier grey/vegtanGeneve Espadrilles - Women Geneve Espadrilles online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11153356OP , Napoleoni Court - Women Napoleoni Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11464022JPAsh Sandals - Women Ash Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11342426KD , Fitflop Sandals - Women Fitflop Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11575054VOTod's Ankle Boot - Women Tod's Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11300051FB , Rodo Flip Flops - Women Rodo Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11348789LDHogan Ballet Flats - Women Hogan Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44988271FN , Price reduction Dr. Scholl's Wander Up , Lakai Daly Add the finishing touches to your style with the understated, classic look with the skate-ready Lakai Daly shoe!8Vpq1aLj women Tod's Vacchetta Sandals luxury , Nike White New Air Jordan Son Of Mars Men Sneakers SneakersMISS Vince Deep Blue Villaire Sandals Reasonable delivery and punctual deliveryLADY Jimmy Choo Gold Pandora Wedges Special PriceAquazzura Azalea Pink Cosmic Stars Sneaker Sneakers , Saint Laurent Camel/Tan Sl/18g Fringe Sneakers Sneakers