Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Maison Margiela Sandals United - Women 17681 Maison Margiela Maison Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11341056RU eb273fd - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Maison Margiela Sandals United - Women 17681 Maison Margiela Maison Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11341056RU eb273fd
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Campo Dé Fiori Sandals - Women Campo Dé Fiori Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11556703CO , Havaianas Slim Logo Stripes Flip FlopsTINA GODOY 1149i SHOES FOR WOMEN , ladies Valentino Pointed-toe Rockstud Pumps UniquePUMA Breaker Knit Baroque Evolution Sneakers | Puma Black-Whisper White | PUMA Lifestyle | PUMA United States , Vans Ua Old Skool - Tropical Leaves - Sneakers - Women Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11224627ES , Kendall + Kylie Ankle Boot - Women Kendall + Kylie Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11329714PUNike Nike Air Max 98 - Sneakers - Men Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11492640QOWOMEN Ann Marino Multicolor Formal Shoes Aesthetic appearance , FITFLOP Chrystall Ii-b WEDGE-HEEL SANDALS FOR WOMENChristian Louboutin Gold Rantus Orlato Glit SneakersLadies Black Act. 00316 Sandals official websiteCole Haan Grand Tour Wing OxPuma | Puma Suede Classic sneakers in red 36534730 , Steve Madden MACKLIN - Smart slip-ons - blackadidas Performance ADIZERO UBERSONIC 3 - Multicourt shoes , A.Testoni Sneakers - Men A.Testoni Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11543100UAMen/Women G.H. Bass & Co. Anabelle Sandals Ideal gift for all occasionsGuess Sandals - Women Guess Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493188CI , Vans Sneakers - Women Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11284328OFAdidas Originals Sneakers - Women Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11288243FUPedro García Sandals - Women Pedro García Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11175760IT , Andìa Fora Sneakers - Men Andìa Fora Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11380004OH , ieIlmUXF SKECHERS 12991-nvlb TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , Stylish and charming SKECHERS Afterburn M. FitWolky Go The Wolky Go marries traditional Dutch style with top-notch comfort for those long days and longer nights , womens Jimmy Choo Natural-multi Neston Sandals Strong heat and wear resistanceMarc by Marc Jacobs Copper 683625 SneakersNike Gray Animal Print Free 5.0 Sneakers , Women's Donald J. Pliner Tan Platforms economy