Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Andrea Morando Ankle Boot Morando 26449 - Women brisbanech-26450 Andrea Morando Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525227XC a3e86e0 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Andrea Morando Ankle Boot Morando 26449 - Women brisbanech-26450 Andrea Morando Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525227XC a3e86e0
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Sara López Ankle Boot - Women Sara López Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11536276XKL' Autre Chose Boots - Women L' Autre Chose Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11239367NS , M&P Maypol Sneakers - Women M&P Maypol Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11501436LXlady Caparros Formal Shoes Bestsellers worldwideBasket Heart Patent Women's Sneakers | Puma White-Puma White | PUMA Heart Collection | PUMA United StatesN.D.C. Made By Hand Ankle Boot - Women N.D.C. Made By Hand Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525995WQ , Pas De Rouge Ankle Boot - Women Pas De Rouge Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11512732SPMISS Cathy Jean Silver Formal Shoes Sale online store , Givenchy White and Black Men’s Paris Slides SandalsAdrienne Vittadini Tan Wedge with Floral Detail Sandals , MISS Christian Louboutin Black Daffidile Platforms Modern modePITILLOS 1297-pitillos FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMENNike Gray and Purple Run Swift SneakersMen/Women Clarks Maritsa Lara Heels Pleasant appearanceFierce rope vr trainers , black, PumaMassimo Dutti High heels Colour: blackmens/womens Zign Ankle boots Colour: black Excellent craftTory Burch CHELSEA CAP TOE - Ballet pumpsAsics Sneakers - Men Asics Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11546919OV , men/women Rockport Wyat Wingtip Boot Boots Strong heat and heat resistanceSaint Laurent Sneakers - Men Saint Laurent Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11364616SWHogan Sneakers - Women Hogan Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11157849ECDoriamaria Sandals - Women Doriamaria Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11455600IKSavoy Ballet Flats - Women Savoy Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11514453EF , Alaïa Ankle Boot - Women Alaïa Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11488893UB , Vg7PA1O6 Free People Emmett Western Boot , euzKE6dw ECCO Sport Biom Delta FishermangKbKOrC7 GIKO 31223 SHOES FOR WOMENSuperb craftsmanship Pikolinos Jerez 578-7399CLLADY Jimmy Choo Nude Portia Wedges Elegant and stable packaging