Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Le brisbanech-19883 Coq United Sportif Sneakers - online Men Le Coq Sportif Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497392VO 8aa417e - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Le brisbanech-19883 Coq United Sportif Sneakers - online Men Le Coq Sportif Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497392VO 8aa417e
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide L' Autre Chose Sneakers - Women L' Autre Chose Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11153626NIChiara Ferragni Loafers - Women Chiara Ferragni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11358256JH , Alexander Smith Sneakers - Women Alexander Smith Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11501125PLJONI 13063 FASHION FOOTWEAR FOR WOMEN , Leo Studio Design Ss17-601 Slipper Printed Bananas - Sandals - Women Leo Studio Design Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11253407DXDibrera By Paolo Zanoli Ankle Boot - Women Dibrera By Paolo Zanoli Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11288917HF , Ladies Marc Fisher Shelbee Wedges Bestsellers worldwideMen/Women Frye Ember Cross Ballet Flats comfortabilitymen/women Dr. Scholl's Proud Heels Preferential pricemen/women Rebecca Minkoff Tammi Sandals main category , mens/womens Frye Jayden Button Tall Boots serviceLloyd AJAS - Trainers - cognac , SKECHERS Work Sure Track - Erathmen's/women's Nine West Inesia Heels Various types and styles , man/woman Bullboxer Platform boots Moderate cost , Men/Women SKECHERS Microburst - Quick Witted Sneakers & Athletic SKECHERS Acknowledgement feedbackmen's/women's Paul Green Rae Heel Heels Every item described is availableBapo leather toe post sandals , tan, Les Tropeziennes Par M.BelarbiAlexander Mcqueen Loafers - Men Alexander Mcqueen Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11462177TW , Neil Barrett Sneakers - Men Neil Barrett Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11522269LJmen's/women's U.S. POLO ASSN. Cora2 Sneakers & Athletic U.S. POLO ASSN. Modern design , Sanagens Loafers - Women Sanagens Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11458586MGManuel Barceló Sneakers - Women Manuel Barceló Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11511659LK , Giuseppe Zanotti Court - Women Giuseppe Zanotti Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11513764XQRick Owens Sneakers - Men Rick Owens Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11330179DJ , Sigerson Morrison Black Rina City Sandals , ladies Corso Como Sneakers Order welcome , KwH4Nnm1 MBT Patia TRAINERS FOR WOMENgKpCGX8p Ladies Blac New Wedges Easy , Ladies SCHUTZ Black Lisana Wrap Sandals Quality first ,