Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
men's/women's Sanita Original Professional Sanita Path men's/women's Clogs & Mules Mules Very good classification a0335c8 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase men's/women's Sanita Original Professional Sanita Path men's/women's Clogs & Mules Mules Very good classification a0335c8
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Diva Shoes Ankle Boot - Women Diva Shoes Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11526084KRLADY Dior White Sandals Long-term reputation , Woman By Common Projects Sandals - Women Woman By Common Projects Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11364707HD , men/women Nine West Mubina Boots Personalization trend , men's/women's Tommy Hilfiger Calibri Sandals Upper material , Platform euphoria leather trainers , black, PumaAlberto Zago High heeled boots Colour: neromens/womens PATRIZIA Suzetta Sandals Various goods , Birkenstock BOSTON - Slippers Colour: oliveNine West Dempsey Platform Heel SandalVans | Vans SK8 Hi Flame Sneakers In White VA38GERX8 , Lauren Ralph Lauren BETHY - Slip-ons Colour: light taupeBrave Soul LUKE - Trainers - white , man/woman Cole Haan Dustin Cap Ox Oxfords a wide range of products , Cesare P. Boots - Men Cesare P. Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11550174KK , mens/womens BUGATCHI Paris Sneaker Sneakers & Athletic BUGATCHI Strong heat and wear resistance , Geneve Boots - Women Geneve Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11117433FXCouture Court - Women Couture Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11288525TSMillà Boots - Women Millà Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11473297SD , Lumberjack Sneakers - Women Lumberjack Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11454910MK , Antica Cuoieria Sandals - Women Antica Cuoieria Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11534226CN , Sergio Rossi Court - Women Sergio Rossi Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11434143KSSergio Rossi Sandals - Women Sergio Rossi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11284935MF , Skechers Black/White Suede Shape Ups Sneakers , Hermès Brown Python Oasis Slide Sandals , Let our goods go to the world Diadora N9000 Moderna III , Great variety Pelle Moda Oana , LADY Badgley Mischka Lacie Formal Shoes Many varieties , MISS Prada Yellow Cork Patent Wedges Rich design , lady Tory Burch Blue Leather Pumps quality products