Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Steve Madden YOOX Steve Ankle Boot - Women Steve Kingdom Madden Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11467255EV 148615b - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Steve Madden YOOX Steve Ankle Boot - Women Steve Kingdom Madden Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11467255EV 148615b
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Nike Black Dunk High Top Sneakers , Anne Klein Dark Brown Leather Sandals , Saint-Honoré Paris Souliers Ballet Flats - Women Saint-Honoré Paris Souliers Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11511653GINike Air Max Plus Premium - Sneakers - Women Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11443224UX , Tory Burch Black Style # 11168522 Lowell 2 45mm Perforated Sandals , CLARKS Tri Active Up Gtx LOW-TOP TRAINERS , Stuart Weitzman Metallic Gold Ankle Strap Sandals , LADY IRO Iridescent Starye Sneakers Sneakers Uniquewomens Stuart Weitzman Wisemen Sandals Attractive fashionPolka giboulee boots , navy/beige, AigleAdidas Steve Madden ARRAN - Mules - black/multicolor , men/women Frye Veronica Duck Chukka Boots Rich design , men/women ALDO Luciaa Heels Different styles and stylesHenderson Sneakers - Men Henderson Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11452367DCChippewa Boots - Men Chippewa Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11480137TJ , John Richmond Loafers - Men John Richmond Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11516907CR , Adidas Nike Sportswear AIR MAX 95 LX - Trainers - wheat gold/black/guava ice/white , Arfango Loafers - Women Arfango Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11476358BI , Alyx Court - Women Alyx Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11563411WKLoretta Pettinari Boots - Women Loretta Pettinari Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11496187RSGriff Italia Loafers - Women Griff Italia Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11559248CCLe Silla Court - Women Le Silla Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11395354CR , Adidas Originals Sneakers - Men Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11551923WIVarious goods Johnston & Murphy KaylaClever and practical Quiksilver Amphibian Plus , Joie Fayla Fresh and understated, these Fayla mules are sure to make the perfect accessory! , adidas X Yeezy White Boost 350 V2 Color Triple Sneakersladies Giuseppe Zanotti Purple New Sandals Stylish and funnyPrada Pink and White Patent Leather Slide Sandals , woman Dior Black New Sandals packaging diversity ,