Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Giuseppe - Zanotti Court - Women Women Giuseppe Kingdom Zanotti Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460850KW 91c47fb - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Giuseppe - Zanotti Court - Women Women Giuseppe Kingdom Zanotti Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460850KW 91c47fb
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Dolce & Gabbana Court - Women Dolce & Gabbana Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11488925BU , Nike Wmns Cortez Nbx - Sneakers - Women Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525974LCOfficine Creative Italia Loafers - Men Officine Creative Italia Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11552804EU , Vans Ua Era - Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11480831FSIsabel Marant Leather Hidden Heel Sneakerwomens Dior Black/Navy Chromatic Pumps Negotiate , WOMENS Diesel Bkack and Green Sneakers Let our products go out into the worldGEOX D828sc 0bchi D Theragon C9999 Black LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , CLARKS Malia Kona FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMEN , Prada Beige Cream Two Tone Limited Edition SandalsWOMEN Salvatore Ferragamo Aqua Sandals Used in durability , K-SWISS COURT FRASCO - Trainers , Adidas Woden NORA II - Trainers - seaweed greenHi-Tec STORM WP WOMENS - Walking boots Colour: taupe/dune/georgia peachLost Ink PLAIN STILETTO KNEE - High heeled bootsMen/Women ecco IRVING - Trainers Preferred material , Men/Women Sam Edelman Landis Clogs & Mules professional designGeox Sneakers - Men Geox Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11323677XX , Moma Boots - Men Moma Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11471680LMman/woman Kennel & Schmenger Zone Mule Clogs & Mules Consumer firstman/woman Vibram FiveFingers Vi-B Sneakers & Athletic Vibram FiveFingers Cost-effective , Rubber Soul Sneakers - Men Rubber Soul Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457726WU , Vdp Collection Sandals - Women Vdp Collection Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44911684NFOscar Tiye Sandals - Women Oscar Tiye Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11394414NW , Charlotte Olympia Court - Women Charlotte Olympia Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11553438EXDsquared2 Flip Flops - Men Dsquared2 Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11409377JPExtreme speed logistics Vince Camuto Esten , Matisse Evangeline Weave a boho-lux line in casual comfort with the Matisse Evangeline muleAir Jordan Black-grey-mint Green Retro 4's Glow Sneakers , Vince Metallic Gunmetal Blair Leather Slip-on Sneakers Sneakers ,