Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Tipe brisbanech-26939 E Tipe Tacchi Sandals - Women 26932 Tipe E Tacchi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11332510GN b8d9e99 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Tipe brisbanech-26939 E Tipe Tacchi Sandals - Women 26932 Tipe E Tacchi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11332510GN b8d9e99
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Fabrizio Chini Ankle Boot - Women Fabrizio Chini Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11565811IALe Coq Sportif Sneakers - Men Le Coq Sportif Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497136DH , women BCBGMAXAZRIA Blue Bcbg Platforms impeccableReebok Classic NPC II WhiteConverse BREAKPOINT OX black / GoldAlma En Pena. Flip Flops - Women Alma En Pena. Flip Flops online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11400975GSNine West Black Rignall White Flower Slides Sandals , Ladies ZIGI NEW YORK Tan Sneakers New style , Ladies Banana Republic Sandals Crazy Price, Birmingham , ALDO PAULATUK - Mules Colour: whitemens/womens Frye Russell Woven Boat Frye the most convenient , Clarks Unstructured COSMO ZIP - Ankle boots Colour: blackmen/women Blondo Bailey Waterproof Espadrille Loafers Elegant appearance , Tod's Sneakers - Women Tod's Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11542195GLDiadora Sneakers - Men Diadora Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11148826QB , New Balance 1500 V4 BOA - Competition running shoes Colour: yellow/blackNew Balance Sneakers - Men New Balance Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11453264WW , Clarks Originals Boots - Men Clarks Originals Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11565757DDFiorangelo Boots - Women Fiorangelo Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11511459WC , Deimille Court - Women Deimille Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11550853DOCharlotte Olympia Court - Women Charlotte Olympia Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11500038MG , Ladies Laurence Dacade Hilde Sandals NiceoUU4USju New Balance Minimus 20v7 Trainer , Blundstone BL1443 Embrace some bold style with the vibrant color of the Blundstone BL1443 boot. , Joie Tanglee Add some retro-inspired flair into your outfits with the Joie Tanglee platform sandal , Burberry Antique Rose Check Linen Cotton High-top Trainer Sneaker 38 SneakersValentino Black Blue Valentinorolling Rockstud City Leather (Eu38/Us SandalsGiuseppe Zanotti Black Signature Chrome Hardware Gladiator Wedges SandalsMISS Christian Louboutin Maggie 140 Platforms Carefully selected materialsMISS Converse Black Sequence Unisex Sneakers Latest technology ,