Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Charlotte Olympia Ankle Boot - Kingdom Women Charlotte Olympia Olympia Ankle Women Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11568778AL 634e8ba - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Charlotte Olympia Ankle Boot - Kingdom Women Charlotte Olympia Olympia Ankle Women Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11568778AL 634e8ba
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide The Row Ballet Flats - Women The Row Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11448996CN , Scervino Street Ankle Boot - Women Scervino Street Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11287183AJ , Space Style Concept Court - Women Space Style Concept Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11570111SKDolce & Gabbana Sneakers - Women Dolce & Gabbana Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11343081UNDolce & Gabbana Espadrilles - Men Dolce & Gabbana Espadrilles online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11159733UBwoman Neverfull Sandals Economical and practicalRoberto P Luxury Boots - Men Roberto P Luxury Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11548350TX , Reebok Black/Gold New 3d Fuserframe Turnzone Dance SneakersKickers Brown U Fly Burnished Wood Strappy Sandals , ROBERTO LEY 26 ZAPATO PLANO PARA MUJERGIOSEPPO 45147 FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMENCalvin Klein Pink Women’s Lancey Dress Sandalswoman Prada Brown Suede Sandals Excellent craft , men/women David Tate Supreme Heels Excellent functionBarbour PRIMROSE - Wellies Colour: fernAdidas L’Autre Chose High heeled sandals - light greymen's/women's Mezlan Toulon Loafers Pick up at the boutique , Air max motion racer trainers , blue/grey, Nike , Casadei Court - Women Casadei Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11310141DS , Metisse Boots - Women Metisse Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11451867INCuoieria Ankle Boot - Women Cuoieria Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11487336MN , Suky Open-Toe Mules - Women Suky Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11506867RG , Sergio Rossi Boots - Women Sergio Rossi Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44815154GK , Ghōud Venice Sneakers - Women Ghōud Venice Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11545438CB , Pick up at the boutique adidas Running UltraBOOST UncagedASH Peps The ASH Peps studded sandal is your new go-to for daring lines and all-day comfort.HnsX80su Women's YEEZY V2 Sneakers impeccable , Tory Burch Blue Nile with Gold Hardware 12138227 Sandals , Women's Børn Gold Cream Leather Sandals Louis, in detail , The Row Superga Grosgrain Ribbon Sneaker Sneakers ,