Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Diadora United Heritage 14556 Sneakers Sneakers - Women Diadora Heritage Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11232554BK 8ce0fc0 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Diadora United Heritage 14556 Sneakers Sneakers - Women Diadora Heritage Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11232554BK 8ce0fc0
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Agile By Rucoline Sneakers - Women Agile By Rucoline Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11496653DH , Brown Black Ankle Boot - Women Brown Black Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525644NRSettantatre Lr Loafers - Women Settantatre Lr Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11516185EB , Dr. Martens 1914 Vonda II FloralVans Ua Old Skool - Premium Leather - Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11224635KWwoman Steve Madden Pink/Purple Kyraa Platforms Guarantee quality and quantityREFRESH 63707 C Camel WEDGE ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMEN , WOMENS Stuart Weitzman Ivory Patent Sandals Superior qualityCalvin Klein SIMA - Slip-ons Colour: black , BOBS from SKECHERS High Notes - Rocketmen/women Bettye Muller Dreamy Heels elegantmen's/women's Stacy Adams Wynton Chukka Boot Boots Consumer first , Men/Women Steve Madden Teaser Heels Stylish and charmingHogan Boots - Women Hogan Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11283769XKVans Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11376503PE , Voile Blanche Boots - Men Voile Blanche Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497654BB , Diadora Heritage Sneakers - Men Diadora Heritage Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11343747XCErnesto Dolani Boots - Men Ernesto Dolani Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11476190BALodi Court - Women Lodi Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11455203RHRas Loafers - Women Ras Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11511597AUAsh Court - Women Ash Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11435776CD , Malìparmi Ankle Boot - Women Malìparmi Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497395VU , Leather Crown Sneakers - Women Leather Crown Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11531785VL , Cavallini Ankle Boot - Women Cavallini Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11552755FSadidas Bright Pink Satin Gazelle SneakersAmoy ECCO Melbourne Wingtip TieExcellent quality BAERCHI 5092 LOW-TOP TRAINERSPreferred material Bostonian Bardwell Step , Christian Louboutin Multi / Trash Pik Boat Women's Flat Patent SneakersFendi Denim Beyond Bird Of Paradise & Leather Sandals ,