Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Roberto Festa Court - Women brisbanech-26985 Roberto Kingdom Court Festa Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11544973GT eb02c46 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Roberto Festa Court - Women brisbanech-26985 Roberto Kingdom Court Festa Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11544973GT eb02c46
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Chiara Ferragni Ankle Boot - Women Chiara Ferragni Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11550511SSGiuseppe Zanotti Ankle Boot - Women Giuseppe Zanotti Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11523109UD , Alberta Ferretti Court - Women Alberta Ferretti Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11462266VB , LOLAS S024110202bwo FASHION LOAFERS FOR WOMEN , Sam Edelman Camel Suede Sammy Sandals , yJ6uVYj7 man/woman Alegria Oz Loafers excellent , Riaze Prowl Women's Running Shoes | Puma Black-KNOCKOUT PINK | PUMA Forever Buys | PUMA United StatesLADY Tory Burch Black Suzy Wedges Long-term reputationwoman Balenciaga Black Suede Boot Wedges High-quality materials , woman Tory Burch Black 41599 Sandals Excellent quality , men's/women's Pelle Moda Ruma Heels Personalization trend , Espadrij l′originale ANTIBES - Espadrilles Colour: holographicMen/Women ALDO Cremanno Sandals Environmentally friendlyman/woman Crocs Walu Loafers have fun , Reebok Classic CLUB C 85 - TrainersAllSaints MELANIE - Cowboy/Biker boots Colour: cognac brownBarracuda Sneakers - Men Barracuda Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11547785SHmen's/women's Dr. Martens Quinton Boots Let our products go to the world , Crocs CB TIMELESS CLASH ROSES CLOG RELAXED FIT - Mules Colour: red , Adidas Reebok Classic WORKOUT PLUS MCC - Trainers - marble/chalkU.S.Polo Assn. Sneakers - Men U.S.Polo Assn. Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11491846LK , Apepazza Ankle Boot - Women Apepazza Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11516671CBFratelli Rossetti Court - Women Fratelli Rossetti Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11440635UC , Prada Grey Criss-cross Ankle Strap SandalsLadies Tod's Nude Sportivo Sneakers Easy , K9JBuQnx adidas Freak x Carbon Low , Very good classification Adrianna Papell SaidaModern and elegant LifeStride Sevyn 2 , Breathable shoes Saucony Koa STNaot Ashley The Ashely sandal is from the Naot Elegant Collection, which runs as a Narrow-to-Medium width.