Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Artselab Ballet Flats - Women Artselab Flats Ballet Flats Artselab Ballet online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11568933VK f8dd59c - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Artselab Ballet Flats - Women Artselab Flats Ballet Flats Artselab Ballet online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11568933VK f8dd59c
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Gianni Marra Sandals - Women Gianni Marra Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11236401AR , Stellaberg Ankle Boot - Women Stellaberg Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11499353MWWomen's No Boundaries Wedges Good quality , women Aquazzura Pocahontas Sandals Call firstMoa Master Of Arts Sneakers - Women Moa Master Of Arts Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11416104AU , GEOX D84f2b 0de22 D Sukie C7357 Dk Burgundy LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , Marc by Marc Jacobs Blue New Women's Suede Cute Kicks Sneakers SneakersRIVIERABONUCCI Sandalias Planas Mujer Piel Ja1550a94-bicolor SANDALIA PLANA DE MUJER , IBIZA BEACH 4937 Whisky FASHION SANDALS FOR WOMENLADY Stuart Weitzman Alexis Wedge Sandals quality products , ladies Jack Rogers Gold Sandals clearance sale , Alcudia w1l leather sandals , ivory, Pikolinos , Adidas H?gl Winter boots - greyMango BANGA - Mules Colour: blackHilatres leather sandals , brown /gold-coloured, Les Tropeziennes Par M.Belarbimen's/women's Chinese Laundry Katrina Clogs & Mules Popular recommendationBirkenstock BOSTON SCHMALE WEITE - Slippers Colour: gunmetal , Cat Sneakers - Men Cat Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11555786GFBikkembergs Boots - Men Bikkembergs Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11219761JP , A.Testoni Loafers - Men A.Testoni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11408362RH , Men/Women Osiris Peril Sneakers & Athletic Osiris High quality and low overhead , men's/women's Nine West Gowithit Boots Known for its beautiful quality , man/woman Dunham REVstealth Sneakers & Athletic Dunham Explosive good goods , Converse CHUCK TAYLOR ALL STAR DENIM HI - High-top trainers - light blue/white/brownD.A.T.E. Sneakers - Women D.A.T.E. Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11253851KNQuattrobarradodici Sneakers - Women Quattrobarradodici Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11573352WC , Ruco Line Sneakers - Women Ruco Line Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11477282CN , Rich design Calvin Klein Larissa , Valentino Black Rockstud Studded Patent Leather T Strap Strappy Kitten Heels Sandals , Dior Black Slingback J'adior Heels Us9 Pumps