Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Suecomma Bonnie Suecomma Loafers - Women Suecomma 11538804PB Kingdom Bonnie Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11538804PB 53770d6 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Suecomma Bonnie Suecomma Loafers - Women Suecomma 11538804PB Kingdom Bonnie Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11538804PB 53770d6
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide G Di G Sandals - Women G Di G Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11521328AL , Le Babe Court - Women Le Babe Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11483723MG , Pacer Next Cage Sneakers | Puma Black-Puma Black | PUMA Men's Picks | PUMA United States( Verba ) Sneakers - Women ( Verba ) Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11484062BCwoman Sam Edelman Gold/Silver Romy Wedges For your choiceMISS Stuart Weitzman Gold Dryice Sandals Big clearance salewomen Jack Rogers Gold Navajo Sandals Fast delivery , woman REPORT Sage Landry Sandals Order welcome , men's/women's Splendid Danett Heels Fine processingmen's/women's Gabor Gabor 76.661 Boots elegant , Cole Haan Grand Tour Plain Ox , Selected | Selected Femme Leather Court Shoe With Round HeelTod's Sneakers - Men Tod's Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11193439NQWinsor Loafers - Men Winsor Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11551092HK , Bikkembergs Sneakers - Men Bikkembergs Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11326250PJMen/Women Clarks Adya Luna Heels Elegant and sturdy set meal , Ann Demeulemeester Sneakers - Men Ann Demeulemeester Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11572658NEVans Sneakers - Women Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11280785BRMsgm Sneakers - Women Msgm Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11419118XKBocage Ankle Boot - Women Bocage Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11531861VC , Saint Laurent Boots - Women Saint Laurent Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11218308LF , Aquazzura Ankle Boot - Women Aquazzura Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11330632SG , Brian Atwood Court - Women Brian Atwood Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11434680KXList of explosions Dan Post Blue Bird , Sudini Bailey The beautiful Bailey sandal wedge kicks up your personal style with versatilityWOMENS Jimmy Choo Black India Sandals High quality and low effortWOMENS Valentino Black Leather Bow Wedges Practical and economicalTory Burch Trench Tan Mini Miller 45mm Sandals , Salvatore Ferragamo White Cream Peep Toe Sandals , Women's Danskin Now Yellow Sneakers Sale Italy