Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Corvari Loafers brisbanech-26972 - Corvari Men Corvari Loafers online 11173847XL on YOOX United Kingdom - 11173847XL 2e79d26 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Corvari Loafers brisbanech-26972 - Corvari Men Corvari Loafers online 11173847XL on YOOX United Kingdom - 11173847XL 2e79d26
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Seventy Sergio Tegon Sneakers - Men Seventy Sergio Tegon Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11496013BNLeonardo Iachini Sneakers - Women Leonardo Iachini Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460511XJGuess Ankle Boot - Women Guess Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493444RO , Crocs Crocband Timeless Clash Roses Clogladies Sandal Formal Shoes new entry , Ovye' By Cristina Lucchi Sandals - Women Ovye' By Cristina Lucchi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11563733IC , Women's Tory Burch Multi/Yellow Miller Sandals Strong heat and heat resistanceAsics Gray/Slate/Pink /Black 8.5-asics Gray/Fuscia Trim Leather Running Sneakers SneakersWOMEN J.Crew Ivory Canvas Wedges Every article described is availableDAVINIA 1791-4 Burdeos FASHION FOOTWEAR FOR WOMENladies Tory Burch Midnight Blue Wedges Fashionman/woman Vince Camuto Bendra Boots Preferred boutiqueman/woman Birkenstock Sarnia High Boots Direct business , Adidas Ca'Shott Boots - dark grey , Adidas Pinto Di Blu Platform boots - taupe , Belstaff Boots - Men Belstaff Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535074ILmen/women ECCO CS16 Sneaker Sneakers & Athletic ECCO First grade in its classApepazza Sandals - Women Apepazza Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11127347LU , Rouge Court - Women Rouge Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11524974WR , Manuel Barceló Sneakers - Women Manuel Barceló Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11516729XJ , Carla G. Sandals - Women Carla G. Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11522974AG , O Jour Court - Women O Jour Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44912745EM , Lola Cruz Sneakers - Women Lola Cruz Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11553263XEPollini Ankle Boot - Women Pollini Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11448644ORRoger Vivier Court - Women Roger Vivier Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11398606NMContrary to the same paragraph Reef Escape Luxladies Prada Purple and Black Sandals Easy to clean surfacewoman Birkenstock Cream Papillio Arizona Sandals High-quality materialslady Birkenstock Gold Metallic Arizona Sandals Crazy priceChristian Louboutin Blue Cataclou 60 Jeans Sandals ,