Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Doucal's Loafers brisbanech-23862 - Women Doucal's Loafers online on on United YOOX United Kingdom - 11160584TU 9cb6cb2 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Doucal's Loafers brisbanech-23862 - Women Doucal's Loafers online on on United YOOX United Kingdom - 11160584TU 9cb6cb2
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Windsor Smith Ankle Boot - Women Windsor Smith Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11216849ERCampo Dé Fiori Sandals - Women Campo Dé Fiori Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11556709TU , Geox Ankle Boot - Women Geox Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11519787FB , WOMENS Balenciaga Yellow Sandals Flagship store , Skechers GO WALK 4 KINDLE NavyMina Buenos Aires Ankle Boot - Women Mina Buenos Aires Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11468430EG , Jil Sander Navy Ankle Boot - Women Jil Sander Navy Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11268041XMValentino Black with Studs Garavani Rockstud Rolling Embroidered 60mm City SandalsRIVIERABONUCCI Sandalias Plataforma Mujer Piel Ja903s42-negro WEDGE-HEEL SANDALS FOR WOMEN , Air Jordan Carolina Blue & White 12 Sneakersman/woman Lucky Brand Jaleela Heels Rich design , Tommy Hilfiger LIGHTWEIGHT CORPORATE - Trainersadidas Originals NMD_R1 - TrainersAdidas ALDO RILIVIEL - High heeled sandals - blackmens/womens Dr. Martens 8065 Wanderlust Loafers renewed on timemen's/women's FitFlop Tia Toe Thong Sandals Sandals Moderate price , Cult Boots - Men Cult Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11474791TATod's Loafers - Men Tod's Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11541288UASaucony HURRICANE ISO 4 - Stabilty running shoes - grey/blue/viziredmen's/women's Rockport Get Your Kicks Slip-On Loafers Year-end special promotionsHenry Cotton's Sneakers - Men Henry Cotton's Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11274409COMen/Women Kenneth Cole Reaction Jovie 2 Sneakers & Athletic Kenneth Cole Reaction Beautiful designGuess Sandals - Women Guess Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11538813TSManufacture Sestè Sandals - Women Manufacture Sestè Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11499797DCMiu Miu Sneakers - Women Miu Miu Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11490453MTHigh quality and low overhead Tundra Boots Moose , So•Queen Ankle Boot - Women So•Queen Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486221EB , Anthropologie Multicolor J/Slides Appy Floral Sneakers Sneakers , Prada Black Suede Slide Chunky Mule Sandals , Women's Prada Nude Patent Wedges Qualified production ,