Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Sergio Rossi Ankle 26979 Boot Boots - Rossi Women Sergio Rossi Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11412344EX de9487d - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Sergio Rossi Ankle 26979 Boot Boots - Rossi Women Sergio Rossi Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11412344EX de9487d
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Miu Miu Red Peep Toe Sandals , IGNITE Limitless SR-71 Running Shoes | Ribbon Red-Puma Black , womens Jack Rogers Cream/Silver Navajo Sandals Stylish , Men/Women Merrell Parkway Moc Loafers Lush designPal leather ankle boots , black, Mjus , Dr. Martens Pascal Daze 8-Eye Boot , Diesel D-VIBE MB - High heeled ankle boots Colour: schwarzPuma Sneakers - Men Puma Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11326978LP , man/woman Gola Specialist Crackle Sneakers & Athletic Gola Moderate cost , Henry Cotton's Sneakers - Men Henry Cotton's Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11454117CN , Castañer Sandals - Women Castañer Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11301303HE , Grisport Ankle Boot - Women Grisport Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11465021FW , Bibi Lou Espadrilles - Women Bibi Lou Espadrilles online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11102592FH , Keys Ankle Boot - Women Keys Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11553707CT , Soldini Ankle Boot - Women Soldini Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11543570EA , Clocharme Ballet Flats - Women Clocharme Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11527792PK , Tory Burch Sandals - Women Tory Burch Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11386699QN , Paolo Simonini Sandals - Women Paolo Simonini Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11375812WMRoberto Festa Loafers - Women Roberto Festa Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11336038JK , Excellent performance Pikolinos Puerto Vallarta 655-0524Excellent quality BAERCHI 5092 LOW-TOP TRAINERSPractical and economical David Tate DaintyPuma White Alexander Mcqueen Brace Femme Lo Fashion Sneakers 5.5us/35. Sneakerswomen Tory Burch T T-strap Sandals High quality and low effort , Tory Burch Blue Nile with Gold Hardware 12138227 Sandals , Nine West Orange with Gems Viktoriao Peep 7.5m Sandals , womens Jimmy Choo Neutral Strap Wedges Selected materials , LADY Naturalizer Black Sofia Silk Wedges Excellent quality , Air Jordan Black True Flight Men's Sneakers , lady Nike Pink & Grey Sneakers Cheapest ,