Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Munich Kingdom Sneakers - Women Munich brisbanech-26987 Sneakers Munich online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11446369VI 4c5aef8 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Munich Kingdom Sneakers - Women Munich brisbanech-26987 Sneakers Munich online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11446369VI 4c5aef8
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide L' Autre Chose Sandals - Women L' Autre Chose Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11139552DXViktor & Rolf Sandals - Women Viktor & Rolf Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11483952BFLove Moschino Ankle Boot - Women Love Moschino Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11503703NFMally Ankle Boot - Women Mally Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11472964VP , Reebok White and Grey Nano SneakersLADY JLo Snakeskin Wedges Sufficient supplyLiu ?Jo Shoes Ankle Boot - Women Liu ?Jo Shoes Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11233942CWSTONEFLY Francy 6 Bis ZAPATO DE CU?A PARA MUJERHOGL 1-105417 ZAPATO DE CU?A PARA MUJERLacoste CARNABY EVO STRAP - Trainersmen's/women's Faith DAENERYS - Sandals Comfortable touch , Adidas GANT MANDY - Wellies - marine , Vibram Fivefingers EL-X - Sports shoes - khaky/coyote , Fessura Sneakers - Men Fessura Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535371IW , Lanvin Sneakers - Men Lanvin Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11216545TOAdidas Steve Madden SATISFIED - High heeled ankle boots - black , Salomon S/LAB XA AMPHIB - Trail running shoes - blackman/woman FitFlop Strobe Luxe Toe-Thong Sandals Sandals a good reputation in the world , Arfango Court - Women Arfango Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11475629JJGeneve Sneakers - Women Geneve Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11470253FCGeox Loafers - Women Geox Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11541933EOGeox Loafers - Women Geox Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11541846GISalvatore Ferragamo Sandals - Women Salvatore Ferragamo Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11429395UO , Sam Edelman Court - Women Sam Edelman Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11446487NT , Brand feast Ben Sherman Chandler Lo , Primary quality Old Gringo Persefone , Giuseppe Zanotti White Women's Leather Fashion Sneakers SneakersNike White Dunk Sky High Wedge Sneaker Sneakers , Women's Spring Step Red Gaiton Sandals Big sale , WOMENS Aquazzura Nude Belgravia 75 Pumps packaging diversity