Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Vans Ua Old United Skool - Sneakers on - Women Vans Sneakers Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11452058CK aa96930 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Vans Ua Old United Skool - Sneakers on - Women Vans Sneakers Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11452058CK aa96930
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Cinzia Araia Ankle Boot - Women Cinzia Araia Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11418554FCJeffrey Campbell Sandals - Women Jeffrey Campbell Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11340683SJLotto Leggenda Sneakers - Women Lotto Leggenda Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11260342HHGianni Marra Boots - Women Gianni Marra Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11475390PP , Ladies Lanvin Red Wedges official website , ladies Ann Demeulemeester Sandals Call firstG Di G Sandals - Women G Di G Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11488965MH , Donna Soft Ankle Boot - Women Donna Soft Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486542AJTory Burch Metallic Gold/Brown Sahara Evelin Sneakers SneakersBRUNATE 60260 ZAPATO DE CU?A PARA MUJERSteve Madden NATIVE - Classic ankle boots , mens/womens Nine West Unrico Flats comfortability , Woden YDUN PEARL - Trainersman/woman A.S.98 Cowboy/Biker boots Colour: senape Moderate costVans | Vans Old Skool Sneakers In Brown VN0A38G1U5K1ecco SOFT MENS - Slip-ons - marine , Dolfie Boots - Men Dolfie Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11580332VLCesare Paciotti Loafers - Men Cesare Paciotti Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11506639RMAdidas Originals Sneakers - Men Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11556657NGLe Crown Boots - Men Le Crown Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504246FBSo?Queen Sneakers - Women So?Queen Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11362080KSLumberjack Sneakers - Women Lumberjack Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11514549PKAsh Sandals - Women Ash Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11374543WJ , Fendi Boots - Women Fendi Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11394412VH , Christopher Kane Loafers - Women Christopher Kane Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11507503QBLoretta Pettinari Sneakers - Women Loretta Pettinari Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11564892HKEnvironmentally friendly Spring Step Sambai , Tory Burch Black Leather Patti-tumbled 32098607 SandalsWomen's Bandolino Colorful Bdgarda Wedges Modern designMISS Banana Republic Black Karmine Sandals uppers