Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
man/woman Sanuk Sideline Loafers The first 26259 batch first man/woman of customers' comprehensive specifications 2fbb774 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase man/woman Sanuk Sideline Loafers The first 26259 batch first man/woman of customers' comprehensive specifications 2fbb774
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide N° 21 Ankle Boot - Women N° 21 Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11262252JOCHACAL 4209-chacal ZAPATO CONFORT DE MUJER , Prada Navy Blue Cap-toe Sneakers SneakersRoma Basic Sneakers | black-white-puma silver | PUMA Classics | PUMA United StatesConverse All Star Ctas Lift Buckle - Sneakers - Women Converse All Star Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11551753FFAdidas Originals Tubular Shadow Ck - Sneakers - Men Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11436266JVCLARKS Sharon Peal-clarks WEDGE ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMEN , Cole Haan Black Tali Nike Air Sandals , Converse Chuck Taylor? All Star? Tricolor Mesh Hi , men's/women's Calvin Klein Anabelle Flats Fine workmanship , Adidas Saucony JAZZ ORIGINAL VINTAGE - Trainers - blue/navy/silvermen/women Suedpiping trainers , grey, Bensimon Shoes Acknowledgement feedback , mens/womens Zign T-bar sandals Colour: gold Price reductionmen/women Florsheim Forum Moc Toe Oxford Oxfords Long-term reputation , men's/women's Steve Madden Blast Sneakers & Athletic Steve Madden Outstanding functionFornarina Sneakers - Women Fornarina Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11308046CFSusana Traca Sandals - Women Susana Traca Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11554945KMCantarelli Ballet Flats - Women Cantarelli Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11516080BA , Alexandre Vauthier Sandals - Women Alexandre Vauthier Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11393008QELeather Crown Sneakers - Women Leather Crown Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11282482CTFred Perry Sneakers - Men Fred Perry Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11416880AG , Women's Mudd Espadrilles Wedges new entryzXh3QmSE LODI Kuncitago-lodi SHOES FOR WOMEN , Report Zerega Rock these Report Zerega booties any day of the week for any occasion. , Black Y's Ya-e01-080 Sneaker Women's (Y's ) Sneakers , Ladies bebe Grey Taupe Kardashians Sandals Comfortable touch , WOMENS Badgley Mischka Silver Passion Sandals Lush designwoman Miu Miu Brown Jeweled Sandals Excellent quality , Ladies J.Crew Navy Blue Tybee Sandals Exquisite workmanshipMISS Vince Nude Lara Sandals special purchase ,