Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Charlotte Olympia Sandals - Olympia YOOX Women Sandals Charlotte Olympia Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11487309CF c5866fd - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Charlotte Olympia Sandals - Olympia YOOX Women Sandals Charlotte Olympia Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11487309CF c5866fd
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Buttero® Ankle Boot - Women Buttero® Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11304728AOXTI 27716 WEDGE-HEEL SANDALS FOR WOMEN , MUSSE&CLOUD Brianne SANDALIA PLANA DE MUJER , hruGy6lO Men/Women Isola Tavora Boots Non-slipMarc By Marc Jacobs Sandals - Women Marc By Marc Jacobs Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11116992UL , Ladies Steve Madden Black Heel Platforms Different styles and stylesWomen's Tory Burch Navy Abbey Pumps Elegant and robust packagingMTNG 84406 C19667 Blanco HIGH-TOP TRAINERS?FOR WOMENLADY Christian Louboutin Leopard Pumps Low costs , Men/Women Tommy Hilfiger Domino Loafers New design , man/woman Blowfish Bungalow Sandals Fine artMen/Women Mezlan Hutton Loafers Sufficient supply , Adidas mint&berry Sandals - rose , HUGO BOHEME - Classic ankle boots - dark blue , man/woman B Brian Atwood Fenix Heels Clever and practicalmen's/women's Alice + Olivia Mulberry Boots Valuable boutique , men/women See by Chloe SB29223 Boots professional designHogan Sneakers - Men Hogan Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11317729OI , Undercover Sneakers - Men Undercover Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11578538RNmens/womens Gabor Wedges Colour: schwarz Known for its good qualityClone Boots - Women Clone Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11478296CG , Ixos Sandals - Women Ixos Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11384999XM , Janet Sport Boots - Women Janet Sport Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11063538CKRoberto Cavalli Sneakers - Women Roberto Cavalli Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457732VCSwedish Hasbeens Sandals - Women Swedish Hasbeens Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11233827IEPrada Open-Toe Mules - Women Prada Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11519168LQH0WskAuk Tory Burch Clara 65mm MuleShopping promotion Magnanni Echo Lo , OluKai Kahikolu Add a soft touch to the day with the unparalleled style of the Kahikolu sandal! , Taryn Rose Brown Freddie Slip On Fashion Sneakers - Multi Sneakers