Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Buttero® testoste-4505 on Ankle Boot online - Women Buttero® Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11174056BJ 013526d - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Buttero® testoste-4505 on Ankle Boot online - Women Buttero® Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11174056BJ 013526d
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Coral Blue Open-Toe Mules - Women Coral Blue Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11471061XJNina New York Court - Women Nina New York Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11255640JNSteve Madden Sneakers - Women Steve Madden Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11212557QDDiemme Ankle Boot - Women Diemme Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11500897AQ , Gentle Souls by Kenneth Cole Carter , Nike Maroon/Purple Flex Supreme Tr3 Sneakersladies bebe Gold Wedges Qualified production , LADY Jimmy Choo Na Sandals UniqueNew Balance 247 Techy Mesh - Sneakers - Women New Balance Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11466904NPNatasha Zinko Open-Toe Mules - Women Natasha Zinko Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11489368RVwomens adidas Core Black Nmd_r1 Sneakers Clever and practicalwoman Brown Jaspah Wedges New products in 2378VULCASA A426102 Negro FASHION FOOTWEAR FOR WOMEN , CAPRICE 25420 FASHION ANKLE BOOTS FOR WOMENmen/women Versace Trainers Skilled manufacturing , Saucony JAZZ 20 - Neutral running shoes - whiteMen/Women Jack Rogers Madeline Sandals New in stock , men's/women's Katy Perry The Jimmi Sandals Comfortable feelingecco ENNIO - Slip-ons - dark shadowTod's Boots - Men Tod's Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11568384RHReebok WORK N CUSHION 3.0 - Neutral running shoes - blackMen/Women Calvin Klein Gable Boots Elegant and sturdy set mealMjus Boots - Women Mjus Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11534829QW , Pixy Loafers - Women Pixy Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11574160QWRoger Vivier Sandals - Women Roger Vivier Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11501801IClkGW0jvF Work Wonders by Dansko Coral , Bright colors ASICS Cael® V8.0 , Modern and stylish fashion Salomon XA Elevate , Sam Edelman Black White Women's Boots 8m Eur 39 Black/White Leather Sneakers , women ALAÏA Tan Suede Sandals Attractive and durable