Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
[Espadrij] brisbanech-26493 Espadrilles - 26492 Women [Espadrij] Espadrilles online on YOOX Women United Kingdom - 11483936FG 0ee090e - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase [Espadrij] brisbanech-26493 Espadrilles - 26492 Women [Espadrij] Espadrilles online on YOOX Women United Kingdom - 11483936FG 0ee090e
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Patrizia Pepe Ankle Boot - Women Patrizia Pepe Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11512033LIAvec Modération Open-Toe Mules - Women Avec Modération Open-Toe Mules online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11557891SQ , Pedro Garcia Coal Frigg Wedge Sandals , Hummel SLIMMER STADIL HIGH White , J|D Julie Dee Ankle Boot - Women J|D Julie Dee Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11292729AR , ladies Privileged Nasty Gal #39520 Platforms Easy to handleWOMENS Matt Bernson Black Marigot Wedges environmentally friendlyLEMON JELLY Pisa BOTíN PLANO DE MUJERWOMENS Ash Brown Wedges Louis, in detailman/woman Tommy Hilfiger Kissi Heels online shopAdidas Carmela Platform boots - brown , Felmini GIANINA - Cowboy/Biker boots Colour: black , Adidas mint&berry Slip-ons - tan , mens/womens Kennel & Schmenger Malu Flat Loafers Elegant appearance , Adidas Pura Lopez High heels - black , Adidas Jack Wolfskin THUNDER BAY TEXAPORE HIGH - Winter boots - phantom , Men/Women Steve Madden Cavo Sneakers & Athletic Steve Madden the most convenient , Philippe Model Sneakers - Men Philippe Model Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11478542KKSaint Laurent Boots - Men Saint Laurent Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11254122AMmen/women Vans Old Skool? Sneakers & Athletic Vans Elegant and sturdy set mealBotti Loafers - Women Botti Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11031795AN , Emanuela Passeri Sandals - Women Emanuela Passeri Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44903374BC , Elena Iachi Loafers - Women Elena Iachi Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11570950BB , Piampiani Ankle Boot - Women Piampiani Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11571258BNJvvmHHh7 VICTORIA 9272 ZAPATILLA CON PLATAFORMAmain category Old Gringo Skyler DanceNike Blue and Red Air Jordan Air Force Dope Casual Fresh New Air Jordan Womens Boys SneakersChristian Louboutin Multicolor Ac Louis Junior Spike Flat Women Sneakers , womens Nike Sand Leather Airmax Sneakers Excellent performancewomens Tory Burch Doris 100mm Sandals Exquisite workmanship