Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Emanuela Emanuela Passeri Loafers 26923 - Women Kingdom Emanuela Passeri Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11444424BP 64d24ca - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Emanuela Emanuela Passeri Loafers 26923 - Women Kingdom Emanuela Passeri Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11444424BP 64d24ca
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Luciano Padovan Ankle Boot - Women Luciano Padovan Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11078519IL , Roberto Cavalli Sandals - Women Roberto Cavalli Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11478557OT , TUK POINTED CREEPER black / Leopard / FurCinzia Soft By Mauri Moda Ankle Boot - Women Cinzia Soft By Mauri Moda Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11534793PIPuro Individual Secret Ankle Boot - Women Puro Individual Secret Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11502984RQPEPE JEANS Pgs30261 Baker 548 Bluer Print LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , Sophia Webster Multi-color Pastel Tones Underwater Floral 'lilico' Appliqué 70mm Sandals , WOMEN Steve Madden Black Rhinestone Sandals price concessions , womens Dolce&Gabbana Silver Dg Stilettos Sandals Perfect workmanshipLEMON JELLY Velvety FASHION FOOTWEAR FOR WOMEN , woman Prada Taupe American Cup Sneakers uppersmtng High heeled ankle boots , Vagabond BREE - Winter bootsCole Haan Amelia Grand Pump 45mmSelected Femme SLFALEX ROUND - Classic heelsBOSS ATHLEISURE SPACIT - Trainers - charcoalLevi's? MALIBU - Trainers - brilliant blackHogan Boots - Men Hogan Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540559PRClear Weather Sneakers - Men Clear Weather Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497018JLmen's/women's Merrell Trail Glove 4 Knit Sneakers & Athletic Merrell Beautiful and charmingLella Baldi Sandals - Women Lella Baldi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535529VCAldo Castagna Court - Women Aldo Castagna Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11550213IM , Adidas Originals Sneakers - Women Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11570608VAAvril Gau Court - Women Avril Gau Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11430476DQ , Chiara Ferragni Sneakers - Women Chiara Ferragni Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11358626EH , Donald J. Pliner Leopard Coryna Sandals , 4HAqh1wy MISS Bronze Woven Wedges impeccable , Bape Black Gold A Bathing Ape Sneakers , lady Cole Haan D37958 Wedges Attractive fashion