Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
adidas 21648 Performance KAISER 5 white/rot LIGA - Moulded stud - football boots Colour: black/running white/rot 21c927b - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase adidas 21648 Performance KAISER 5 white/rot LIGA - Moulded stud - football boots Colour: black/running white/rot 21c927b
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Lola Cruz Ankle Boot - Women Lola Cruz Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11023245GJ , Alexander Mcqueen Ankle Boot - Women Alexander Mcqueen Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11465512XT , Rose's Roses Court - Women Rose's Roses Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11483954KISax Ankle Boot - Women Sax Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11030476WG , WOMENS Helmut Lang Cream Sandals Cheapest , Converse One Star One Star Ox - Sneakers - Men Converse One Star Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11551453IVTwin-Set Simona Barbieri Ankle Boot - Women Twin-Set Simona Barbieri Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11126904KU , Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Sandals - Men Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11509951FBWOMENS Coloriffics Black A305 Platforms Elegant and solemnCole Haan Original Grand Short Wing Ox II , men's/women's Roxy Bermuda Molded Sandals Different goodsAdidas Zign Ankle boots - grey , Adidas Tamaris Trainers - rose , L’Autre Chose Classic heels Colour: blackmen's/women's Sixtyseven ARENAL - Mules Preferred boutique , Adidas mtng GLAM - Platform boots - tanTomina star leather ankle boots , black, ClarksQuattrobarradodici Sneakers - Men Quattrobarradodici Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457071NTAdidas Selected Femme SLFVIRA TRAINER - Trainers - decadent chocolatemen's/women's Dr. Martens 1461 3-Eye Shoe Oxfords Beautiful and charming , men/women Kenneth Cole Reaction Night Sky Sneakers & Athletic Kenneth Cole Reaction selling priceMagrit Court - Women Magrit Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504411SDEbarrito Loafers - Women Ebarrito Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11458690CJ , Stonefly Loafers - Women Stonefly Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11458122AM , Tod's Sneakers - Women Tod's Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11392342LE , Great choice Donna Karan Kat , The highest quality material Tommy Hilfiger Mckenzie , LADY Betsey Johnson Blac Sandals First group of customers , women Prada Nude Calzature Donna Sandals special offerMISS Saint Laurent Army Green Platforms quality ,