Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Franco Colli Loafers - Women Franco Franco 11530664HL Colli 21218 Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11530664HL 867296d - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Franco Colli Loafers - Women Franco Franco 11530664HL Colli 21218 Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11530664HL 867296d
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Adidas Ultraboost Uncaged W - Sneakers - Women Adidas Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11542350HHL' Autre Chose Sneakers - Women L' Autre Chose Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11485039XM , MISS Prada White Thong Sandals Unique , Skechers GO WALK 4 KINDLE Navy , Melissa VW SPACE LOVE 18 ROSE GOLD BUCKLE Pink / GoldConverse Cons Pro Leather Vulc Mid Leather - Sneakers - Women Converse Cons Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11114300RTFred De La Bretoniere Boots - Women Fred De La Bretoniere Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11521041RPWomen's Vero Cuoio Kate Formal Shoes Modern and stylish fashion , Ladies Sperry Biscayne Wine Top-sider Sneakers Most practical , 24HORAS 23656-24 Horas FASHION SANDALS FOR WOMENman/woman Lauren Lorraine Lizzy Flats Special priceWl420pgp leather trainers , pink, New Balance , Copenhagen Platform boots Colour: dark blue , Puma | Puma Golf power adapt leather shoes in blackShoe The Bear COLE - Trainers - dark grey , man/woman Eileen Fisher Joe Flats Quality and consumer firstInov-8 X-TALON CLASSIC - Trail running shoes Colour: coral/blackTommy Hilfiger MAXIMILIAN - Trainers - midnight , Vans Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11508733JD , mens/womens Tommy Hilfiger Laston Sneakers & Athletic Tommy Hilfiger Good world reputationman/woman LifeStride Maison Loafers The first batch of customers' comprehensive specificationsAdidas Originals Sneakers - Men Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11504509IN , Profession: Bottier Boots - Men Profession: Bottier Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11301940DB , Bing Xu Sneakers - Men Bing Xu Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11392773ODChiara Ferragni Court - Women Chiara Ferragni Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11562002MH , Laura Biagiotti Sandals - Women Laura Biagiotti Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11566417ECFynV5pbI OTAZUA Freda TRAINERS FOR WOMENSpeed refund Scarpa R-Evolution Plus GTX® , Reliable performance adidas Originals Superstar Wlady Escada Black Heels Pumps Win highly appreciated ,